Enoch Varner is a partner in Clifford Chance's Houston Office. He represents financial investors, as well as private equity firms and private and public companies on merger and acquisition transactions. His experience spans GP-led secondary transactions, strategic mergers, take-privates, joint ventures, minority investments and other strategic transactions.
- Höegh LNG Holdings Ltd. in its definitive merger agreement with Höegh LNG Partners LP (NYSE: HMLP) to acquire all of the outstanding publicly held common units of the partnership in a going private transaction.
- Extraction Oil & Gas, Inc. (NASDAQ: XOG) in Civitas Resources, Inc.’s US$4.5 billion acquisition of Crestone Peak Resources.
- Penn Virginia Corp. (NASDAQ: PVAC) in its US$370 million merger with Lonestar Resources US Inc. (OTCQX: LONE).
- Athlon Energy Inc. in its US$7.1 billion sale to Encana Corporation.
- Plains Exploration & Production Company in its US$9 billion acquisition by Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. of Plains Exploration & Production Company and McMoRan Exploration Company.
- Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. in its US$9.2 billion acquisition of Southern Union Company.
View all news and client work featuring Enoch Varner
Career and qualifications
University of Georgia (BA, magna cum laude) 2005
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management (MBA) 2009
- Northwestern University, Pritzker School of Law (JD, cum laude) 2009
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in Illinois 2010
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in Texas 2011
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in Georgia 2022
- Joined Clifford Chance as Partner 2023
Board member, Tahirih Justice Center