Daniel Winick's practice focuses mainly on representing major domestic and foreign financial institutions and corporate and sponsor borrowers in secured and unsecured financing transactions, including acquisition finance, asset-based and structured finance deals, project and export finance transactions and other financing transactions.
View more client work by this author
- CVC Capital Partners as borrower in connection with its US$600 million leveraged facility for the acquisition of The Alpha Corporation, including its subsidiary AOC, LLC, a leading global producer of resin chemistries for composites and cast polymer applications
- Arrangers in connection with over US$1.5 billion in first and second lien loans backing the cross-border acquisition of Exova Group by Bridgepoint-owned Element Materials to join two of the world’s leading testing companies
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Credit Suisse in relation to a US$57 billion syndicated loan agreement backing Bayer AG’s proposed acquisition of Monsanto
- GTECH S.p.A. in connection with US$10.7 billion in committed financing from Credit Suisse, Barclays and Citigroup to support GTECH’s announced US$4.7 billion acquisition of International Game Technology, Inc.
- Triton in connection with the leveraged financing of the US$1 billion acquisition of the heat exchanger business of ALSTOM Power Energy Recovery
- Cinven on the New York law governed €750 million cov-lite senior facilities and €300 million senior unsecured high yield bonds used to finance its acquisition of CeramTec, the European specialty ceramics materials manufacturer, a subsidiary of Rockwood Holdings
- Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Barclays, Nomura and UBS in connection with a €1.9 billion cov-lite financing supporting the acquisition by BC Partners of the Springer Group, the leading German publishing business
- UBS as financial advisors on the financing of Grupo de Inversiones Suramericana's purchase of ING's pension plan and asset management business in Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Chile and Uruguay
- Partners Group and MetLife as mezzanine lenders in connection with the acquisition by a Kohlberg-sponsored fund of Sabre Industries, Inc.
- Actis on its acquisition of a group of gas and electricity suppliers in Guatemala owned by Spanish company Gas Natural Fenosa
Career and qualifications
York University (Bachelor of Arts, Political Science) 2000
- Osgoode Hall Law School at York University (Bachelor of Law) 2003
- Joined Clifford Chance 2003
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2004
- Partner since 2016