Daniel Winick's practice focuses mainly on representing major domestic and foreign financial institutions and corporate and sponsor borrowers in secured and unsecured financing transactions, including acquisition finance, asset-based and structured finance deals, project and export finance transactions and other financing transactions.
- Advising global investment management firm in connection with $132 million in "last out" term loans backing the launch of an employee stock ownership plan by Golden Hippo, a marketer of health, beauty, and pet care products.
- Advising Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank and Itau BBA, as arrangers of approximately $230 million in loans to PetroRecôncavo, backing its acquisition from Petrobras of 34 onshore oilfields and related assets in Brazil.
- CVC Capital Partners as borrower in connection with its US$600 million leveraged facility for the acquisition of The Alpha Corporation, including its subsidiary AOC, LLC, a leading global producer of resin chemistries for composites and cast polymer applications
- Arrangers in connection with over US$1.5 billion in first and second lien loans backing the cross-border acquisition of Exova Group by Bridgepoint-owned Element Materials to join two of the world’s leading testing companies
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Credit Suisse in relation to a US$57 billion syndicated loan agreement backing Bayer AG’s proposed acquisition of Monsanto
- GTECH S.p.A. in connection with US$10.7 billion in committed financing from Credit Suisse, Barclays and Citigroup to support GTECH’s announced US$4.7 billion acquisition of International Game Technology, Inc.
- Triton in connection with the leveraged financing of the US$1 billion acquisition of the heat exchanger business of ALSTOM Power Energy Recovery
- Cinven on the New York law governed €750 million cov-lite senior facilities and €300 million senior unsecured high yield bonds used to finance its acquisition of CeramTec, the European specialty ceramics materials manufacturer, a subsidiary of Rockwood Holdings
- Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Barclays, Nomura and UBS in connection with a €1.9 billion cov-lite financing supporting the acquisition by BC Partners of the Springer Group, the leading German publishing business
- UBS as financial advisors on the financing of Grupo de Inversiones Suramericana's purchase of ING's pension plan and asset management business in Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Chile and Uruguay
- Partners Group and MetLife as mezzanine lenders in connection with the acquisition by a Kohlberg-sponsored fund of Sabre Industries, Inc.
- Actis on its acquisition of a group of gas and electricity suppliers in Guatemala owned by Spanish company Gas Natural Fenosa
View all news and client work featuring Daniel Winick
- Across the pond and back again: what direct lenders should know before deploying historic dry powder, March 2022, Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law
- Across the pond and back again: US and European leveraged finance terms, November 2015, Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law
- Banking & Finance partner Daniel Winick and senior associate Andrew Young were interviewed by "The Left Lead", a weekly newsletter focusing on mid-market lending, in November 2017. In the interview, they discussed hot leveraged lending topics, including incremental loan provisions, MFN protections, and sponsor "big boy" terms influencing the middle market. View part one here, and part two here
View more briefings featuring Daniel Winick
View more blog posts featuring Daniel Winick
View more podcasts featuring Daniel Winick
Career and qualifications
York University (Bachelor of Arts, Political Science) 2000
- Osgoode Hall Law School at York University (Bachelor of Law) 2003
- Joined Clifford Chance 2003
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2004
- Partner since 2016