Andrew Epstein’s practice focuses primarily on public and private capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other corporate finance and general corporate transactions.
Andrew represents issuers, underwriters, initial purchasers/placement agents and purchasers in public and private capital markets transactions and buyers, sellers and financial advisors in M&A transactions. He has experience across a broad range of industries, including specialty finance, asset management, real estate and real estate investment trusts (REITs), hospitality and healthcare.
Andrew has also advised clients in IPOs, follow-on equity and debt offerings, pre-IPO/144A offerings, Regulation S offerings and other private placements. He has also advised institutional clients in the structuring of real estate opportunity funds and the continuing investment activities of these funds.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Washington University (AB, Economics) 1989
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New Jersey 1992
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 1993
- Joined Clifford Chance 1998
- Partner since 2006
Awards and citations
- Andrew Epstein is ranked in Chambers USA: REITs (Nationwide). He is highly rated for his wide knowledge of equity and mortgage REITs, including IPOs and M&A. Sources report that "he is very commercial and has a tremendous amount of experience in the field, he's definitely a good resource for general knowledge around legal structures."
Chambers 2021 USA-Nationwide: REITs
- Sources assert that "he's fabulous" and "very constructive in the process of getting deals done."
Chambers 2020 USA-Nationwide: REITS
- Andrew Epstein has been ranked in Chambers USA - REITs (Nationwide). Andrew Epstein is recognized by his clients as "a very thoughtful lawyer" who is "always practical in his approach." He works with clients ranging from issuers and underwriters to placement agents and selling stockholders.
Chambers USA 2017 – REITs