Lena Ng leads the financial regulatory practice in our Singapore office and advises on the full range of financial regulatory issues relating to financial services and market products, including banking services, securities, futures, derivatives and funds.
Lena advises banks, financial institutions, corporates (including commodities houses) and funds on licensing requirements, exemptions, conduct of business and other regulatory requirements. In addition, she advises on custody, collateral, netting and clearing issues, as well as cash and credit risk management.
She regularly speaks and advises on fintech, cybersecurity and the regulatory reform agenda. Originally from Singapore, she joined Clifford Chance in 2001 after receiving her LLM from University College London. She is admitted to practice law in multiple jurisdictions including as a solicitor in England & Wales and Hong Kong, and as an advocate & solicitor in Singapore.
- Advising on the sale of private banking businesses
- Advising on the sale and integration of insurance business
- Advising major international banks and asset management firms on the implementation of the Singapore margin requirements
Clifford Chance advises National Australia Bank on the sale of its private wealth business in Singapore and Hong Kong
11 May 2017
Clifford Chance advises Ascott on US$600 million joint venture
15 July 2015
Career and qualifications
- Admitted as solicitor in Singapore 1997
- Admitted as solicitor in England & Wales 2000
- University College London (LLM) 2001
- Joined Clifford Chance London 2001
- Clifford Chance Hong Kong 2004
- Admitted as solicitor in Hong Kong 2007
- Clifford Chance Singapore 2009
- Partner since 2017
Awards and citations
- Lena Ng of Clifford Chance possesses deep experience in financial services, including securities, futures and banking services. Clients say: "She's very knowledgeable and articulate - good in front of commercial as well as legal people."
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2017: Singapore, Banking & Finance: Regulatory
- Lena Ng is "a talented individual" with broad-based experience across financial services and market products, including derivatives, futures, funds and securities. Clients report that she is "very detail-oriented and careful with the advice she gives."
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2017: Singapore, Capital Markets: Securitisation & Derivatives: International