Lena Ng leads the financial regulatory practice in our Singapore office and advises on the full range of financial regulatory issues relating to financial services and market products, including banking services, securities, futures, derivatives, funds and payment services.
Lena advises banks, financial institutions, corporates (including commodities houses), funds and payment service providers on licensing requirements, exemptions, conduct of business and other regulatory requirements. In addition, she advises on custody, collateral, netting and clearing issues, as well as cash and credit risk management.
Lena's practice extends to advising on bank secrecy, confidentiality and data privacy. She is also part of the firm's Tech Group and advises on fintech, cryptocurrency and blockchain related matters.
Originally from Singapore, she joined Clifford Chance in 2001 after receiving her LLM from University College London. She is admitted to practice law in multiple jurisdictions including as a solicitor in England & Wales and Hong Kong, and as an advocate & solicitor in Singapore.
- Advising on the licensing of private equity firms
- Advising on the regulatory treatment of cryptocurrency derivative transactions
- Advising on conduct of business requirements for payment service providers
- Advising on the sale of private banking businesses
- Advising on the sale and integration of insurance business
- Advising major international banks and asset management firms on the implementation of the Singapore margin requirements
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, Singapore
- +65 6410 2215
- Email me
- Practice area Financial regulation, Global Financial Markets
- Sector Banks, Funds & investment management, Insurance, Telecommunications, media & technology
Career and qualifications
- Admitted as solicitor in Singapore 1997
- Admitted as solicitor in England & Wales 2000
- University College London (LLM) 2001
- Joined Clifford Chance London 2001
- Clifford Chance Hong Kong 2004
- Admitted as solicitor in Hong Kong 2007
- Clifford Chance Singapore 2009
- Partner since 2017
Awards and citations
- Lena Ng is an "expert on the financial framework of Singapore and is very focused on regulatory reforms and changes in Singapore and the wider region," according to one client. She is best known for advising on regulations relating to securities and derivatives products as well as advising on licensing issues and investigations. Clients also report that she is "responsive, thorough and efficient in the advice that she provides."
Band 1: Chambers Global 2021: Singapore, Banking & Finance: Regulatory
- Lena Ng maintains a reputation for expertise in the regulatory market. She is praised by a client for her "sound technical knowledge" and by another who notes her "great understanding of our business structure and needs."
Band 1: Chambers Asia-Pacific 2020: Singapore, Banking & Finance: Regulatory
- Lena Ng of Clifford Chance possesses deep experience in financial services, including securities, futures and banking services. Clients say: "She's very knowledgeable and articulate - good in front of commercial as well as legal people."
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2017: Singapore, Banking & Finance: Regulatory
- Lena Ng is "a talented individual" with broad-based experience across financial services and market products, including derivatives, futures, funds and securities. Clients report that she is "very detail-oriented and careful with the advice she gives."
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2017: Singapore, Capital Markets: Securitisation & Derivatives: International