* Clifford Chance Asia is a Formal Law Alliance in Singapore between Clifford Chance Pte Ltd and Cavenagh Law LLP
Kabir Singh is a Partner in our International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution practice in Singapore. He specialises in international arbitration with a focus on disputes originating out of India and Indonesia.
Kabir has acted as counsel on several cases under the rules of major international arbitration institutions, including SIAC, ICC, LCIA and HKIAC.
Recent matters include an arbitration in Singapore between a US-based automobile parts manufacturer and its Indian joint venture partner, and three high profile LCIA arbitrations involving one of India's largest real estate development projects.
Chambers & Partners 2015 has recognised Kabir as an Up and Coming lawyer in Clifford Chance's Band 1 India disputes practice.
- Represented a leading Dubai based conglomerate in two SIAC arbitrations against a BVI entity backed by an Indian promoter, involving a power plant in India worth over US$1 billion
- Represented a major international bank in two arbitrations in India against a prominent Indian family, involving breaches of an investment agreement
- Representing a major European bank in relation to recovery proceedings against a prominent Indonesian family
- Acting for a group of Thai investors in arbitration proceedings in Singapore against an Australian conglomerate
- Acted for a Japanese conglomerate on eight parallel SIAC arbitrations against a Vietnamese entity
- Setting the stage: selecting suitable stadia for shareholder battles (Singapore Court of Appeal)
2 December 2015
- "Interviewing Prospective Arbitrators", Kluwer Arbitration Blo
29 September 2015
- "Singapore High Court clarifies ambit of tribunal's jurisdiction to determine existence of arbitration agreement where forgery is alleged", PLC Arbitration
16 September 2015
- September 2015 Olga Boltenko, Kabir Singh, "Enforcement of Treaty Awards against Russia in Asia: A Safe Haven for Russian Assets?", Kluwer Arbitration Blog
Debarment: Asia Pacific Raises the Bar on Public Procurement
26 August 2019
Singapore Convention on Mediation Signed by 46 Countries
14 August 2019
US Court Ruling Against Chinese Banks in Sanctions Case Reaffirms Government Subpoena Authority to Require Non-US Banks to Produce Documents and Information Held Overseas
24 July 2019
Treaty protection for Indian investments abroad: The Changed Landscape
29 May 2019
OFAC Puts Asian Companies on Notice with 'Compliance Framework'
14 May 2019
- Clifford Chance, Singapore
- Email me
- Save my Vcard
- Speaks English, Malay, Hindi, Punjabi and Bahasa Indonesia
- Practice area Employment - advisory, litigation & transactional, Regulatory enforcement & white collar, Litigation, dispute resolution & risk management
- Sector Power & energy networks, Banks, Automotive, Aerospace & defence, Oil & gas, Capital goods, Mining & metals, Materials
Career and qualifications
- National University of Singapore (LLB) 2002
- Drew & Napier 2002
- Admitted as a Solicitor in Singapore 2003
- Watson, Farley & Williams 2008
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England & Wales 2009
- Joined Clifford Chance 2009
- Partner since 2015
- Member, Young SIAC (Singapore International Arbitration Centre) Committee
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
Awards and citations
- Ranked as "Up and Coming" in Chambers Asia-Pacific 2015 edition for the Dispute Resolution (International) practice in Singapore
- Counsel Kabir Singh has a strong focus on Indian disputes, often working closely with Nish Shetty. Clients highlight that he "is responsive and knowledgeable, and takes the time to get thoroughly on top of the subject matter."
Chambers Asia Pacific 2015