Wojciech Polz specialises in M&A, corporate and commercial work, including acquisitions and disposals, corporate restructurings and joint ventures. Wojciech's practice focus is in the private equity, healthcare, industrials and consumer goods and retail sectors.
Wojciech has extensive experience in cross-border transactions, international projects and risk management. He has also gained significant experience related to the oil & gas sector. His clients include private equity houses, corporate investors, public companies and private entrepreneurs.
- Advised DaVita, a Fortune 500 company, the leading provider of kidney care in the United States, in connection with the acquisition of 47 dialysis centres and renal wards, including a clinical trial centre
- Advised Penta Investments on the announcement of a tender offer for 100% of the shares in Fortbet Entertainment Group N.V., the Dutch company running Fortuna betting operator, which is listed on the WSE and the Prague Stock Exchange
- Advised Powszechny Zakład Ubezpieczeń S.A. (PZU – the largest Polish insurance group), acting as part of a consortium with Polski Fundusz Rozwoju S.A. (PFR – the Polish Sovereign Wealth Fund), on the acquisition of 32.8% of the shares in Bank Polska Kasa Opieki S.A. (Bank Pekao) from UniCredit
- Advised Warburg Pincus in connection with the structuring of its acquisition of a majority stake in Polish pharmacy chain Gemini
- Advised Abris Capital Partners on the signing of an investment agreement with the founder and main shareholder of Graal S.A. (a company listed on the WSE in Warsaw, a leader in the fish processing sector in Poland), on the basis of which a tender offer for all the shares in Graal S.A. was announced
- Advised Euromedic International, Montagu and Ares Life Sciences on a multi-jurisdictional corporate review of the Euromedic Group in connection with Montagu's and Ares Life Sciences' making a strategic decision on the future of their investment, resulting in Ares Life Sciences buying out Montagu's interest in this group
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, Warsaw
- Email me
- Save my Vcard
- Speaks Polish and English
- Practice area M&A corporate
- Sector Charities, Chemicals, Consumer business services, Consumer goods, Consumer goods & retail, Education, Energy & resources, Government & public sector bodies, Healthcare providers, Healthcare, life sciences & chemicals, Individuals, Industrials, Infrastructure investors, Media, Oil & gas, Pharmaceuticals, Private equity, Professional advisors, Retail, Sovereign wealth, Telecommunications, Telecommunications, media & technology, Transport & logistics, Transportation infrastructure, xAdvisors, charities, education, government & individuals
Career and qualifications
- University of Warsaw (LLM) 2003
- British and European Law Centre in Warsaw, University of Cambridge 2002
- American Law Centre in Warsaw, University of Florida 2003
- Admitted as a legal adviser (radca prawny) in Poland 2007
- Joined Clifford Chance 2007
- Partner since 2017
- Member of the Warsaw Council for Legal Advisors
Awards and citations
- Wojciech Polz advances in the rankings as a result of increasing market visibility and positive market feedback. He is described as "diligent and hands-on" as well as a "talented negotiator." He regularly assists with cross-border M&A transactions involving high-value significant assets.
Chambers Europe 2020: Corporate/M&A – Poland
- Wojciech Polz moves up in the rankings this year following extensive client praise for his experience in private equity matters. Clients highlight his pragmatism, one revealing that "he was very good at presenting issues that were a risk for us and then proposing solutions."
Chambers Europe 2020: Private Equity – Poland
- Wojciech Polz is noted for his skills in all aspects of private equity work, including delisting and tender offer. He also has significant experience in handling cross-border matters. Sources consider him a lawyer who "understands client needs and objectives, and tries really hard to get you to the finishing line."
Chambers Europe 2019, Private Equity - Poland
- Wojciech Polz attracts solid praise from market commentators, who describe him as "commercial, flexible and committed." "He has great commercial sense balanced by diligence and a strong focus on protecting the client's interest," says one impressed source, also noting his "excellent relationship building skills" and "strongly entrepreneurial approach." He is active in M&A and private equity transactions.
Chambers Global 2019, Corporate/M&A - Poland
- Wojciech Polz acts on M&A and private equity transactions. He was a co-lead on PZU and PFR's PLN10.6 billion acquisition of a 32.8% shareholding in Bank Pekao from UniCredit. "He automatically searches for solutions and does not exaggerate the problem," a client says, adding that he "tries to find an agreement and cool emotions."
Chambers Global 2018, Corporate /M&A - Poland