Wojciech Polz specialises in M&A, corporate and commercial work, including acquisitions and disposals, corporate restructurings and joint ventures. Wojciech's practice focus is in the private equity, healthcare, industrials and consumer goods and retail sectors.
Wojciech has extensive experience in cross-border transactions, international projects and risk management. He has also gained significant experience related to the oil & gas sector. His clients include private equity houses, corporate investors, public companies and private entrepreneurs.
- Advised DaVita, a Fortune 500 company, the leading provider of kidney care in the United States, in connection with the acquisition of 47 dialysis centres and renal wards, including a clinical trial centre
- Advised Penta Investments on the announcement of a tender offer for 100% of the shares in Fortbet Entertainment Group N.V., the Dutch company running Fortuna betting operator, which is listed on the WSE and the Prague Stock Exchange
- Advised Powszechny Zakład Ubezpieczeń S.A. (PZU – the largest Polish insurance group), acting as part of a consortium with Polski Fundusz Rozwoju S.A. (PFR – the Polish Sovereign Wealth Fund), on the acquisition of 32.8% of the shares in Bank Polska Kasa Opieki S.A. (Bank Pekao) from UniCredit
- Advised Warburg Pincus in connection with the structuring of its acquisition of a majority stake in Polish pharmacy chain Gemini
- Advised Abris Capital Partners on the signing of an investment agreement with the founder and main shareholder of Graal S.A. (a company listed on the WSE in Warsaw, a leader in the fish processing sector in Poland), on the basis of which a tender offer for all the shares in Graal S.A. was announced
- Advised Euromedic International, Montagu and Ares Life Sciences on a multi-jurisdictional corporate review of the Euromedic Group in connection with Montagu's and Ares Life Sciences' making a strategic decision on the future of their investment, resulting in Ares Life Sciences buying out Montagu's interest in this group
Clifford Chance advises Macquarie on its exit from DCT GDANSK
19 March 2019
Clifford Chance advises Cinven on investment in leading retargeting technology provider RTB House
15 January 2019
Poland - a summary of selected investment opportunities in 2018
23 January 2018
Impact of the GDPR on M&A transactions
13 December 2017
Wpływ RODO na transakcje M&A
8 December 2017
Poland Key Investments 2018-2028
30 November 2017
Amendment to the corporate income tax act - impact on debt push-down
6 October 2017
- Clifford Chance, Warsaw
- Email me
- Save my Vcard
- Speaks Polish and English
- Practice area M&A corporate
- Sector Chemicals , Consumer business services , Consumer goods , Consumer goods & retail , Energy & resources , Government & public sector bodies , Healthcare providers , Healthcare, life sciences & chemicals , Industrials , Infrastructure investors , Media , Oil & gas , Pharmaceuticals , Private equity , Retail , Sovereign wealth , Telecommunications , Telecommunications, media & technology , Transport & logistics , Transportation infrastructure
Career and qualifications
- University of Warsaw (LLM) 2003
- British and European Law Centre in Warsaw, University of Cambridge 2002
- American Law Centre in Warsaw, University of Florida 2003
- Admitted as a legal adviser (radca prawny) in Poland 2007
- Joined Clifford Chance 2007
- Partner since 2017
- Member of the Warsaw Council for Legal Advisors
Awards and citations
- Wojciech Polz is noted for his skills in all aspects of private equity work, including delisting and tender offer. He also has significant experience in handling cross-border matters. Sources consider him a lawyer who "understands client needs and objectives, and tries really hard to get you to the finishing line."
Chambers Europe 2019, Private Equity - Poland
- Wojciech Polz attracts solid praise from market commentators, who describe him as "commercial, flexible and committed." "He has great commercial sense balanced by diligence and a strong focus on protecting the client's interest," says one impressed source, also noting his "excellent relationship building skills" and "strongly entrepreneurial approach." He is active in M&A and private equity transactions.
Chambers Global 2019, Corporate/M&A - Poland
- Wojciech Polz acts on M&A and private equity transactions. He was a co-lead on PZU and PFR's PLN10.6 billion acquisition of a 32.8% shareholding in Bank Pekao from UniCredit. "He automatically searches for solutions and does not exaggerate the problem," a client says, adding that he "tries to find an agreement and cool emotions."
Chambers Global 2018, Corporate /M&A - Poland
- Counsel Wojciech Polz is adept at handling a wide range of M&A transactions and has significant expertise in private equity. Sources say he "is skilful in negotiations" and "has his clients' interests at heart."
Chambers Europe 2017, Poland, Corporate/M&A
- Wojciech Polz ascends the rankings on the back of strong interviewee feedback. He is active across a wide array of corporate and private equity matters, including acquisitions, market exits and joint ventures, and regularly acts on multi-jurisdictional matters. He is particularly experienced in assisting companies in the oil and gas, mining and infrastructure sectors. Clients report that he is "creative and diligent," also praising his "good commercial sense." He recently provided Penta Investments' portfolio companies with advice on managing its incentive programmes.
Chambers Europe 2017, Poland, Private Equity
- Counsel Wojciech Polz handles a number of acquisitions and private equity projects. Clients praise his ability to co-ordinate the work in several jurisdictions and his strong negotiation skills. "He knows when to push and, if he needs to, he can push hard. He is also great at selling at the negotiation table," a client reports. He was part of the team assisting Life Healthcare Group in its acquisition of a 57% stake in Scanmed Multimedis.
Chambers Europe 2016
- Wojciech Polz is well regarded for his focus on acquisitions, exits and joint ventures, and regularly advises on complicated cross-border matters. He is at his most visible in the healthcare, oil and gas areas. Amongst his recent work, he acted for wealth management company Experior Venture Fund regarding its investment in online medical portal Tourmedica.pl.
Chambers Europe 2016
- Clients praise up-and-coming lawyer Wojciech Polz for being "very efficient, responsive and able to dig out the most important stuff from a ton of data." He specialises in M&A and restructuring matters as well as international projects in the healthcare and oil and gas sectors.
Chamber Europe 2015
- The "friendly and welcoming" Wojciech Polz joins the M&A rankings after getting great feedback from clients. Described as commercial and a good negotiator, he is also valued for his strategic advice and affable nature.
Chamber Europe 2015
- Wojciech Polz earns a place in the rankings thanks to excellent market feedback. According to clients, "Polz combines strong expertise with an ability to focus on the details. He doesn't take shortcuts, which makes him especially good in negotiations"
Chambers Europe 2014