Titus de Vries is Partner, Co-Managing Partner of Clifford Chance Amsterdam and head of the Amsterdam Financial Markets Group. He has extensive experience in financing transactions with particular experience in leveraged finance and corporate lending (both syndicated and club deals, both domestic and cross border).
Titus also focuses on alternative sources of financing and on structuring deals to combine different types of financing. He acts for lenders as well as borrowers.
- Acting for the syndicate lenders on the financing of the acquisition by Goldman Sachs and Silverfern of Continental Bakeries
- Acting for Partners Group on the financing of its acquisition of Vermaat Groep
- Acting for the syndicate lenders on the financing of Boels Rental
- Acting for Allseas Group on its general corporate financing
Clifford Chance acts for lenders on Port of Rotterdam's sustainability-linked facility
5 April 2019
Clifford Chance advises Rabobank on the financing of a student housing development in Groningen, acquired by KKR and Round Hill Capital
5 October 2018
Clifford Chance acts for lenders on Ploeger Oxbo's strengthening of shareholder base
5 October 2018
Clifford Chance advised the lenders on the financing of the acquisition of Van Neerbos Groep by Intergamma
19 July 2018
Clifford Chance advised ING Bank N.V. on the financing of a housing development in former Oudenrijn hospital building in Utrecht, acquired by KKR and Round Hill Capital
18 July 2018
Loan trading across the globe
10 July 2018
Career and qualifications
- University of Utrecht (Law) 2001
- Nyenrode Business University (MSc in Management) 2002
- Admitted as an advocaat in Netherlands 2003
- Joined Clifford Chance Amsterdam 2003
- Seconded to Clifford Chance London 2004
- Seconded to ING Bank N.V. Amsterdam 2006
- Seconded to Fortis Bank (Nederland) N.V. Rotterdam 2007
- Partner since 2013
Awards and citations
- Titus is described as "a really strong negotiator and someone who oversees the full process and sees the impact of decisions"
Chambers Europe 2019
- "As well as his legal expertise, Titus is strong in managing client relationships and cross-border transactions"
Chambers Global 2017