Jeroen Thijssen specialises in Infrastructure M&A (with a specific focus on multi-jurisdictional M&A). In addition, he has particular experience advising financial institutions and insurance companies in relation to M&A and restructurings.
- Advised Simal Beheer in relation to the public offer for Simac Techniek
- Advised Staples Inc in relation to the sale of its Printing Services Division to CoBe Capital
- Advised IK Investment partners on the acquisition of Doedijns in a competitive auction process and acquisitions by Doedijns of Wilmax in Singapore and Logan in the U.S.
- Advised Adobe with respect to acquisition of tablet business of Wooding Software
- Advised Sembcorp Utilities on the public tender offer for Cascal NV, a Dutch incorporated company listed on the New York Stock Exchange
- Advised Barclays PLC in connection with the proposed and subsequently aborted EUR€68 billion merger with ABN AMRO Holding N.V. through a public offer for ABN AMRO Holding N.V.
View all news and client work featuring Jeroen Thijssen
Career and qualifications
Admitted as an advocaat in Netherlands 2000
- Joined Clifford Chance 2000
- Partner since 2011
Awards and citations
- Sources appreciate his hands-on approach, noting that he is "available when needed," and add that he is "very commercial." Another interviewee describes him as a "very knowledgeable and sharp" lawyer
Chambers Europe 2019
- "Jeroen Thijssen comes warmly recommended by clients, who are impressed with his equity capital markets work."
Chambers Europe 2011
- Leading Lawyer IFLR 1000 2011 The Netherlands - Restructuring