Jeroen Thijssen specialises in M&A (with a specific focus on multi-jurisdictional M&A), including public takeovers, private equity and infrastructure investments.
He has particular experience advising financial institutions and insurance companies in relation to M&A and restructurings.
- Advised Simal Beheer in relation to the public offer for Simac Techniek
- Advised Staples Inc in relation to the sale of its Printing Services Division to CoBe Capital
- Advised IK Investment partners on the acquisition of Doedijns in a competitive auction process and acquisitions by Doedijns of Wilmax in Singapore and Logan in the U.S.
- Advised Adobe with respect to acquisition of tablet business of Wooding Software
- Advised Sembcorp Utilities on the public tender offer for Cascal NV, a Dutch incorporated company listed on the New York Stock Exchange
- Advised Barclays PLC in connection with the proposed and subsequently aborted EUR€68 billion merger with ABN AMRO Holding N.V. through a public offer for ABN AMRO Holding N.V.
Clifford Chance Amsterdam advises Equistone on the acquisition of Heras
7 August 2019
Clifford Chance advises Tyson Foods on its acquisition of the Thai and European businesses from BRF S.A.
13 June 2019
Clifford Chance advises CACEIS on a EUR 188 million public offer for all issued shares and depositary receipts of shares in the capital of Kas Bank
27 February 2019
Clifford Chance advises selling shareholder J.C. Flowers & Co on IPO and listing of NIBC
29 March 2018
Clifford Chance advising SABIC on proposed acquisition of strategic stake in Clariant from 40 North and Corvex
29 January 2018
Distributions to shareholders under the new Dutch private company law
28 September 2012
Amendments to Dutch public offer rules
25 June 2012
Career and qualifications
- Admitted as an advocaat in Netherlands 2000
- Joined Clifford Chance 2000
- Partner since 2011
Awards and citations
- Sources appreciate his hands-on approach, noting that he is "available when needed," and add that he is "very commercial." Another interviewee describes him as a "very knowledgeable and sharp" lawyer
Chambers Europe 2019
- "Jeroen Thijssen comes warmly recommended by clients, who are impressed with his equity capital markets work."
Chambers Europe 2011
- Leading Lawyer IFLR 1000 2011 The Netherlands - Restructuring