Jeroen Ouwehand is the firm's Global Senior Partner. He is an experienced disputes lawyer and led the firm's European Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice.
He specializes in financial, commercial and corporate litigation and arbitration and has ample experience in acting in cross border disputes. While he has experience across many industries and sectors, he has particular expertise in the financial and oil & gas sectors.
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, Amsterdam
- +31 20 711 9130
- Email me
- Speaks Dutch, English, French, German and Spanish
- Practice area Regulatory enforcement & white collar, Litigation, dispute resolution & risk management, M&A corporate, ESG
- Sector Banks, Telecommunications, media & technology, Energy & resources, Oil & gas, Private equity
Career and qualifications
- University of Leiden (Law) 1989
- Joined Clifford Chance 1992
- Admitted as an advocaat in Netherlands 1992
- Partner since 2000
- Senior Partner since 2019
- Chairman of the Global ESG Board since 2020
- Member of the Vereniging Corporate Litigation
- Member of the Vereniging Corporate Mediation
- Member of the legal committee of the American Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the board of Sport & Zaken
Awards and citations
- Featured in Financial News' Fifty Most Influential Lawyers 2022
- The "very capable" Jeroen Ouwehand represents financial institutions and asset managers in financial litigation. Ouwehand also advises clients on corporate disputes.
Chambers Europe 2020
- Jeroen Ouwehand is recognised as a "great strategic challenger with a close eye on the ball," who "maintains a helicopter view in complex cases and has a commercial approach to finding solutions"
Chambers Europe 2019
- "A sharp-witted litigator and also a good negotiator. He is always result-oriented, knows how the wheels spin and is familiar with his counterparts.
Chambers Europe 2018 – The Netherlands – Dispute Resolution
- "Jeroen is fantastic and one of the people you like to put in front of senior management. He is engaging, really sharp and he deals with anything they throw at him."
Chambers Europe 2017 – The Netherlands – Dispute Resolution
- Clients appreciate his "technical skills, clear communication and keen attention to client service."
Chambers Europe 2016 – The Netherlands – Dispute Resolution