Jeroen Ouwehand's practice is in financial, commercial and corporate litigation and arbitration, and he has ample experience in acting in cross border disputes across many industries and sectors.
Jeroen leads the firm's Global ESG Board.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Leiden (Law) 1989
- Joined Clifford Chance 1992
- Partner since 2000
- Regional Practice Area Lead Litigation & Dispute Resolution in Continental Europe 2012-2018
- Managing Partner Clifford Chance Amsterdam 2015-2018
- Senior Partner 2019-2022
- Board Member of the John Adams Institute
- Member of the Board of Advisors for International Business and Diplomatic Exchange (IBDE)
- Committee Member of The Hong Kong Association
- Member of the Leadership Council for TheCityUK
- Member of the Advisory Board of Lean In
Awards and citations
- Clifford Chance ranked Band 1 for ESG Risk in Chambers Global-wide Crisis and Management Guide 2022
- Featured in Financial News' Fifty Most Influential Lawyers 2022
- The "very capable" Jeroen Ouwehand represents financial institutions and asset managers in financial litigation. Ouwehand also advises clients on corporate disputes.
Chambers Europe 2020