Floris van de Bult heads the Amsterdam Employment & Pensions practice. He advises both domestic and international companies on strategic employment matters such as board room advice, remuneration, cross-border reorganisations, high-end litigation and the employment and benefits aspects (including incentives) of complex international M&A transactions.
- Advised EQT Infrastructure on the acquisition of Dutch telecom and infrastructure company CIF/CAIW, owner and operator of telecom infrastructure connecting more than 350,000 households in the Netherlands. EQT is a leading alternative investments firm with approximately EUR€37 billion in raised capital across 24 funds
Clifford Chance advises on Fastned IPO
3 July 2019
Clifford Chance Amsterdam advises on the sale of Royal Reesink
13 June 2019
Clifford Chance Amsterdam advises MarketAxess in the establishment of its EU hub in Amsterdam
5 March 2019
Clifford Chance advises CACEIS on a EUR 188 million public offer for all issued shares and depositary receipts of shares in the capital of Kas Bank
27 February 2019
Clifford Chance advises Sanoma on the sale of Mood for Magazines (LINDA. Magazine) to Talpa
18 February 2019
Remuneration aspects of CRD V
22 May 2019
Looking Ahead to Whistleblower Protections in 2019 - Is Your Financial Institution Prepared for Anticipated Changes to Whistleblower Protections?
26 March 2019
Brexit-related immigration alerter - UK/The Netherlands
7 February 2019
Employment update - December 2018
18 December 2018
Dutch Bill implementing revised shareholders' rights directive sent to Parliament
19 October 2018
- Clifford Chance, Amsterdam
- Email me
- Save my Vcard
- Speaks Dutch, English and French
- Practice area Employment, incentives & pensions, Tax
- Sector Banks, Chemicals, Funds & investment management, Healthcare providers, Healthcare, life sciences & chemicals, Industrials, Insurance, Private equity
Career and qualifications
- University of Leiden (Law, Master) 2003
- Admitted to the Amsterdam Bar as an advocaat 2003
- Allen & Overy 2003 - 2015
- Seconded to Vedior N.V. (now part of Randstad) 2005
- Seconded to Allen & Overy Paris office 2007
- Post Graduate Employment Education Erasmus University Rotterdam (cum laude) 2009
- Joined Clifford Chance as counsel and head of the Employment practice 2015
- Partner since 2016
- Member of the VAAN, VvA, VPR, and the VFR, respectively the national associations for employment law specialists, the association for privacy law and the association for financial law
Awards and citations
- "He is hands-on and practical,"states one client, while another reports: "He is capable of explaining difficult regulations in an understandable and constructive way"
Chambers Europe 2019
- Floris Van de Bult primarily focuses on transactional employment matters, but is also valued by clients for his "knowledge of financial regulations for remunerations in the financial sector." He is also praised for his "outstanding technical knowledge and depth of experience," and clients regard him as a "highly trusted adviser who is extremely responsive, service-minded and sensitive to organisational needs and the human side of employment matters."
Chambers Europe 2018
- Floris Van de Bult is a "trusted advisor who has in-depth knowledge and proactively thinks about the questions of the client before he considers them."
Chambers Europe 2017
- Clients admire that he "gets the market and our business. He's also pragmatic and commercial and will have a good commercial debate with you on options and risks."
Chambers Europe 2016
- Floris Van de Bult "is responsive, smart and willing to go the extra mile." He is noted for his negotiation skills and ability to guide clients through uncommon areas of employment law.
Chambers Europe 2015
- Clients say he is "very service-orientated, to the point and easy to work with, with the ability to grasp new concepts and problems quickly," adding: "He is also very personable which makes you feel comfortable as a client."
- Floris van de Bult is rapidly making a name for himself in the employment market, frequently working on reorganizations. Clients praise his open-minded approach to finding solutions, and one client comments: "He is able to build constructive, open, working relationships whereby he is eager to add value to our business. He is a great pleasure to work with." He recently advised Cargill on a number of reorganizations in its Dutch businesses.
- Floris van de Bult has developed as a trusted advisor on fraud and compliance issues.
Legal 500 2013
- "Floris van de Bult is recommended"
Legal 500 2013