Angela McEwan specialises in banking and secured finance, with particular expertise and experience in acquisition finance, corporate lending, structured financings, project finance and advising on restructurings.
She is highly regarded, with Chambers Global 2013 saying that sources call her “great at bringing it all together and co-ordinating across different parties and countries."
Acquisition finance, bank lending and refinancing
- Advising ABN Amro Bank NV on the provision of a EUR€700 million Revolving and Standby Facilities Agreement to USG People NV and USG People Interservices NV for, amongst other purposes, refinancing certain existing financial indebtedness and the general corporate purposes of the group
- Advising ABN Amro Bank NV, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Credit Suisse, HSBC, ING, Rabobank and RBS on a series of belateral multicurrency revolving facilities totalling EUR€775 million for Fugro Finance AG as guaranteed by Fugro NV.
- Advising Rabobank on a EUR€120 million term and revolving facilities agreement for ForFarmers Group BV for the purposes of the acquisition of the Hendrix group of companies from Nutreco.
- Advising Rabobank on the transfer of the Security Agency role under a Facilities Agreement and the submission of certain claims in respect of amounts outstanding to the lenders arising from the administration of Lehman Brothers
- Advising the lenders in connection with the financial restructuring of Ad van Geloven
- Advising Lloyds Bank Group, Rabobank and NIBC in relation to Gazelle Holding BV
Clifford Chance advises DSM and Sinochem on disposal of DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals to Bain Capital
2 July 2018
Clifford Chance advises Gunvor Petroleum Rotterdam B.V. on financing of refinery upgrade
16 August 2016
Risk and Raising Capital in East Africa
15 February 2017
Career and qualifications
- Bristol University (Law) 1989
- Joined Clifford Chance London 1989
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1991
- Amsterdam office 1999
- Registered with the Dutch Bar as an EU advocaat 2001
- Partner since 2003
Awards and citations
- Clients describe UK-qualified Angela McEwan as "dedicated and savvy – she can find practical solutions for complex issues".
Chambers Global 2013