Angela McEwan specialises in banking and secured finance, with particular expertise in syndicated lending, structured finance, acquisition finance, project finance, renewables, asset based finance, commodity finance and restructuring.
Acquisition finance, bank lending and refinancing
- Advising ABN Amro Bank NV on the provision of a EUR€700 million Revolving and Standby Facilities Agreement to USG People NV and USG People Interservices NV for, amongst other purposes, refinancing certain existing financial indebtedness and the general corporate purposes of the group
- Advising ABN Amro Bank NV, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Credit Suisse, HSBC, ING, Rabobank and RBS on a series of belateral multicurrency revolving facilities totalling EUR€775 million for Fugro Finance AG as guaranteed by Fugro NV.
- Advising Rabobank on a EUR€120 million term and revolving facilities agreement for ForFarmers Group BV for the purposes of the acquisition of the Hendrix group of companies from Nutreco.
- Advising Rabobank on the transfer of the Security Agency role under a Facilities Agreement and the submission of certain claims in respect of amounts outstanding to the lenders arising from the administration of Lehman Brothers
- Advising the lenders in connection with the financial restructuring of Ad van Geloven
- Advising Lloyds Bank Group, Rabobank and NIBC in relation to Gazelle Holding BV
Clifford Chance Amsterdam advises Rabobank on the EUR 500 million project financing of Windpark Zeewolde and the development of the largest onshore wind farm in the Netherlands
25 June 2020
Clifford Chance advises AfDB and EAIF on the financing and reorganisation of GSEZ Ports, the platform developing the New Owendo International Port in Gabon
6 March 2020
Clifford Chance advises DSM and Sinochem on disposal of DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals to Bain Capital
2 July 2018
Clifford Chance advises Gunvor Petroleum Rotterdam B.V. on financing of refinery upgrade
16 August 2016
Career and qualifications
- Bristol University (Law) 1989
- Joined Clifford Chance London 1989
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1991
- Amsterdam office 1999
- Registered with the Dutch Bar as an EU advocaat 2001
- Partner since 2003
Awards and citations
- One enthusiastic client notes that Angela McEwan "really gets into the nitty-gritty of deals," and adds that she is "pleasant, knowledgeable" and "helpful in getting the best results." She has particular experience in cross-border project finance work in the renewable energy sector.
Chambers Europe 2020
- Angela is described by clients as "customer-friendly, available and supportive"
Chambers Europe 2019
- Clients describe UK-qualified Angela McEwan as "dedicated and savvy – she can find practical solutions for complex issues".
Chambers Global 2013