Angela McEwan is an English qualified Partner and heads the Global Financial Markets in Amsterdam. Angela is also a member of the global ESG Board. She specialises in banking and secured finance, with particular expertise in syndicated lending, structured finance, acquisition finance, project finance, renewables, asset based finance, commodity finance and restructurings including development finance and impact and sustainability linked loan financings.
Angela is the Africa Practice Leader for Green Financing.
Acquisition finance, bank lending and refinancing
- Advising ABN Amro Bank NV on the provision of a EUR€700 million Revolving and Standby Facilities Agreement to USG People NV and USG People Interservices NV for, amongst other purposes, refinancing certain existing financial indebtedness and the general corporate purposes of the group
- Advising ABN Amro Bank NV, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Credit Suisse, HSBC, ING, Rabobank and RBS on a series of belateral multicurrency revolving facilities totalling EUR€775 million for Fugro Finance AG as guaranteed by Fugro NV.
- Advising Rabobank on a EUR€120 million term and revolving facilities agreement for ForFarmers Group BV for the purposes of the acquisition of the Hendrix group of companies from Nutreco.
- Advising Rabobank on the transfer of the Security Agency role under a Facilities Agreement and the submission of certain claims in respect of amounts outstanding to the lenders arising from the administration of Lehman Brothers
- Advising the lenders in connection with the financial restructuring of Ad van Geloven
- Advising Lloyds Bank Group, Rabobank and NIBC in relation to Gazelle Holding BV
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, Amsterdam
- +31 20 711 9142
- Email me
- Practice area Global Financial Markets
- Sector Banks, Private equity
Career and qualifications
- Bristol University (Law) 1989
- Joined Clifford Chance London 1989
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1991
- Amsterdam office 1999
- Registered with the Dutch Bar as an EU advocaat 2001
- Partner since 2003
Awards and citations
- One enthusiastic client notes that Angela McEwan "really gets into the nitty-gritty of deals," and adds that she is "pleasant, knowledgeable" and "helpful in getting the best results." She has particular experience in cross-border project finance work in the renewable energy sector.
Chambers Europe 2020
- Angela is described by clients as "customer-friendly, available and supportive"
Chambers Europe 2019
- Clients describe UK-qualified Angela McEwan as "dedicated and savvy – she can find practical solutions for complex issues".
Chambers Global 2013