Zayed Al Jamil is a partner in our TMT and Tech Group in London. He specialises in complex outsourcings, technology development and procurement agreements, data licensing and the separation aspects of M&A transactions.
Zayed has a particular focus on emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, IoT and DLT and on transactions which involve the licensing of valuable datasets. Zayed advises across a number of sectors including financial institutions, consumer markets, aviation and energy.
Zayed has previously worked in-house at a well-known financial index provider and as head of legal for a technology company.
- A high street name on the largest multi-supplier outsourcing in the telecoms sector in recent years.
- A global bank on the acquisition of communications hardware and software supporting its investment banking division.
- A consortium of banks, energy companies and energy traders on the development of a DLT energy post trade platform.
- A number of global financial institutions on licensing market and index data to support trading analytics and issuance of funds and derivatives.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Nottingham, History BA (Hons) 2001
- Nottingham Law school, GDL 2004
- BPP law school, LPC 2005
Awards and citations
- 'A standout member of the team, with notable expertise in market data transactions.'
Legal 500, 2021