Simon Sinclair specialises in both debt and equity capital markets, including convertible and exchangeable bonds, regulatory capital issues, liability management transactions and Eurobonds.
- Virgin Money UK PLC on its tender offer in relation to its £475,000,000 5 per cent. Fixed Rate Reset Callable Subordinated Tier 2 Notes due 2026
- Barclays on the issue of £1 billion 6.375 per cent Fixed Rate Resetting Perpetual Subordinated Contingent Convertible Securities (Callable 15 December 2025 and every five years thereafter)
- Swiss Re Ltd on its EUR 800,000,000 Guaranteed Subordinated Fixed Rate Reset Step-Up Callable Notes due 2052
- Secure Trust Bank on its issuance of £25 million 6.750 per cent. Fixed Rate Reset Callable Subordinated Notes due 2028.
- The Joint Lead Managers on UBS Group Funding (Switzerland) AG’s issuance of US$2.5 billion 7.00 per cent. Tier 1 Capital Notes.
- The dealers in connection with Julius Baer Group Ltd US$300 million perpetual Tier 1 Subordinated Bonds
- Caixa Geral De Depositos in connection with its EUR€500 million fixed rate reset perpetual additional Tier 1 temporary write-down capital notes
- The dealers in connection with UBS AG’s CHF400 million 0.625%. Senior TLAC issuance due May 2024
- Barclays PLC in connection with its GBP£1.25 million 7.250% fixed rate resetting perpetual subordinated contingent capital securities
- GKN Holdings plc in connection with its issue of GBP£300 million 3.375%. Notes due May 2032
- The dealers in connection with Trafigura Group pte ltd USD$600 million perpetual resettable step-up subordinated securities
- British Sky Broadcasting Group plc, on the establishment of its GBP£10 billion EMTN Programme and drawdowns of EUR€1.5 billion 1.5%. Notes due 15 September 2021 and EUR€1 billion 2.5%. notes due 15 September 2026 thereunder
- Paragon on its EUR€1 million EMTN programme and issue of Sterling denominated 6.125%. Notes due 2022
- ITV EUR€600 million 2.125%. Notes due 21 September 2022
- The Chancellor, Masters and Scholars of the University of Cambridge GBP£350 million 3.75%. Bonds due 2052
- UBS on the issue of USD$2 billion Tier 2 Subordinated notes due 2022 in what is the first low-trigger contingent issue from Switzerland
News and client work
Global M&A Toolkit
- Simon discusses the financing options and strategies available for corporates in the current market conditions (January 2013)
Career and qualifications
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1993
- Merrill Lynch International 1996
- Joined Clifford Chance as an assistant 1999
- Partner since 2004
- Head of the London Capital Markets practice since 2013
Awards and citations
- "He's excellent. He's very responsive and thoughtful about his advice."
Chambers and Partners 2020