Clifford Chance, London
Practice area Litigation & dispute resolution
Sector Banks, Energy & resources, Industrials, Oil & gas, Private equity, Telecommunications, Telecommunications, media & technology
Roger Leese has a wide range of expertise in commercial, corporate, banking and financial services disputes. He has particular experience in cross-border disputes, forum issues, professional negligence, fraud and trust matters.
Roger also has a wealth experience of fund and trust related international dispute resolution, including litigation in offshore jurisdictions including Cayman and Jersey.
- Advising professional institutions and potential claimants in relation to professional negligence and fraud
- Advising other corporates on a wide range of business issues including shareholder disputes, directors' liability, warranty claims, earnout provisions in Share Purchase Agreements, internal investigations and regulatory matters, including
- Advising financial institutions on a variety of disputes and regulatory issues
- Acting for parties in trust and offshore litigation
Clifford Chance represents Citi in trial win over USD 2.4bn EMI acquisition
14 June 2016
Clifford Chance advises Salamander Energy on recommended offer from Ophir
24 November 2014
Clifford Chance advises Glencore on its US $1.35 billion acquisition of Caracal Energy Inc.
10 July 2014
- St Edmund Hall, Oxford (Jurisprudence) 1987
- Joined Clifford Chance 1988
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1990
- Partner since 2000
- "Market commentators highlight Roger Leese's ‘ingenious legal thinking and strategising’, as evidenced in his work alongside Moulding on BEIG Midco's ISDA Master Agreement provisions dispute with Lehman."
- "Roger Leese has core expertise in cross-border disputes, forum issues, professional negligence, fraud and trust matters. ‘If you don't pick something up in the detail, he quickly will’, say sources."
- "Partner Roger Leese has a wealth of experience in both fraud and broader dispute resolution matters."
'Smart' guidance for companies on human rights reporting is launched in London
5 March 2015
Business and human rights – emerging issues for financial institutions
2 May 2014
The ISDA Master Agreement: from here to eternity
3 April 2012
Dos and Don'ts when an IT Project is in difficulties
11 March 2011