Robert Crothers specialises in advising UK-listed and international corporate clients on M&A, joint ventures and equity issues.
Robert also advises on general company law and regulatory compliance matters.
- Mondelēz International Inc., formerly Kraft Foods Inc., on various matters, including: its joint venture with JAB Holding Company to acquire Keurig Green Mountain for USD$13.9 billion; the combination of its global coffee business with D.E Master Blenders 1753 to form Jacobs Douwe Egberts, the world’s leading pure play coffee company, with revenue in excess of EUR€5 billion; its GBP£11.9 billion takeover of Cadbury plc and on the spin-off of its North American grocery business
- Anheuser-Busch InBev on the USD$2.2 billion disposal of its central European operations to funds advised by CVC Capital Partners
- Philip Morris International, Inc. on its global joint venture with Swedish Match, and various acquisitions across Europe, the Middle East and Africa
News and client work
Global M&A Toolkit
Career and qualifications
- Merton College, Oxford (BA, PPE) 1996
- Joined Clifford Chance 1998
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2000
- Partner since 2008