Monica Sah specialising in financial markets law and regulation.
Previously, she was a Managing Director at Morgan Stanley and Head of Legal for International Wealth Management (Asia, EMEA and Australia). Monica has extensive experience on advising financial institutions on the full range of legal and regulatory issues, including implementing regulatory reform measures. At the forefront of regulatory change issues for financial institutions, Monica is a leading figure on Brexit and MiFID2 issues from both the buy and sell side and has led the creation of Clifford Chance's Online Counsel Tool and MIFID2 Client Documentation Toolkit. She regularly speaks on Brexit, regulatory change and asset management developments (including to the Investment Industry Association of Canada, Alternative Investment Management Association and Asset Management Association of China) and is a guest lecturer at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, University of London on market infrastructure. She advises AFME's Brexit Repapering Forum and the Association of Global Custodians and is a member of the Financial Markets Law Committee and Scoping Forum on Banking.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Western Ontario, London, Canada (BA, Economics) 1986
- Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, Toronto, Canada (LLB) 1988
- University College London (LLM) 1990
- University of London 1997
- Institute of Advanced Legal Studies (PHD) 1997
- Joined Clifford Chance 1997
- Morgan Stanley, Managing Director & Head of Legal for International Wealth Management (Asia, EMEA and Australia) 2004
- Rejoined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2011