Matthew Scully is a commercial litigator with broad experience of banking, corporate, antitrust and fraud disputes and litigation with an international dimension.
Matthew has over 12 years of experience in international commercial litigation. He has experience in relation to financial services disputes and regulatory investigations, fraud and asset tracing, corporate litigation and antitrust litigation. He has also worked with our Moscow office in relation to disputes with a Russian element. Matthew has acted for clients involved in overseas disputes, including assisting a client involved in proceedings in the Paris Commercial Court and working with overseas lawyers in relation to a regulatory investigation by an overseas regulator.
Matthew is a member of our global Corporate Culture team.
- Representing one of the addressees of the European Commission's statement of objections in its investigation into credit default swaps
- Representing Sberbank Leasing, in conjunction with Timur Aitkulov of our Moscow office, in its application to challenge the English bankruptcy of Vladimir Kekhman
- Representing SCA in the completion accounts process in connection with the disposal of SCA's former packaging business to DS Smith
- Acting for an investment bank in a dispute with investors relating to the termination of a structured investment product
Global M&A Toolkit
UK Financial Conduct Authority issues first competition decision
22 February 2019
Privilege and ENRC: Two things we now know, and two we still don't
6 September 2018
Tribunal sets aside CMA decision against Pfizer and Flynn Pharma in landmark judgment
16 July 2018
No Oral Modification Clauses Upheld
17 May 2018
Settlement proposals from the mediator: helpful intervention or tactical minefield?
9 December 2016
Career and qualifications
- Trinity College Dublin (LLB (ling. franc.)) 1997
- Université Toulouse I (Maîtrise en Droit privé) 1998
- Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford (BCL) 1999
- Joined Clifford Chance 2000
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2002
- Solicitor advocate (civil) 2006
- Partner since 2014