Jeremy Sandelson was head of the firm's global Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice from 2009-2017, having previously been Regional Managing Partner of Clifford Chance in the UK and the Middle East.
Jeremy has more than 30 years experience of litigation and arbitration in the UK, covering a wide range of commercial litigation with emphasis on financial disputes involving investment banks, corporate and regulatory investigations.
He also has wide experience of resolving complex family disputes and is a qualified CEDR Mediator.
Jeremy held the position of Secretary to the Panel on Takeovers and Mergers in the early 1990s.
- Instructed by James Murdoch and News International in relation to the Culture, Media and Sport Committee inquiry into phone hacking and in relation to the Leveson inquiry into the Culture, Practices and Ethics of the Press
- Represented members of the Thyssen family in connection with the Thyssen Museum in Spain and a number of subsequent issues that arose
- Represented a death row inmate, Jack Alderman, in a pro bono case which attracted considerable press and political interest. Jack Alderman was America's longest serving prisoner on death row, who consistently claimed his innocence.
- Cambridge University 1979
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1981
- Partner since 1988
- "Commentators say Jeremy Sandelson is a 'class act'. He is the firm's global head of litigation and dispute resolution."
- "Global head of litigation and dispute resolution Jeremy Sandelson impresses as 'a fantastic operator'."
- "Jeremy Sandelson is global head of litigation and dispute resolution and 'one of the pre-eminent experts on financial services litigation in Europe'."
Who’s Who Most Highly Regarded Firms – Commercial Litigation
Global M&A Toolkit
- Jeremy shares the key findings from our global risk report, View from the top: A board-level perspective on current business risks (December 2014)
United States v. Fokker Services B.V.: U.S. District Court Dismisses Case After U.S. Appellate Court Limited Judicial Review of Deferred Prosecution Agreements
15 June 2016
Mandatory tax strategies, a code of practice and 'special measures' – a new era for corporates?
23 July 2015
“How does litigation work in ...” - A country-by-country report
5 May 2015
Implementing Lord Justice Jackson's proposals for the civil courts: the bear necessities
31 March 2011