Graham Phillips specialises in public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, intra-group reorganisations, private equity transactions and general corporate advisory matters.
Graham acts for clients in a range of sectors, and as co-head of the firm's Oil and Gas practice, has a particular focus on energy & resources and private equity.
- Onex on its acquisition of Independent Clinical Services from TowerBrook Capital
- Gyrus Capital on its acquisition of Essential Pharma Group
- Livingbridge and management on the sale of Portman Dental Care to Core Equity Holdings
- Iberdrola on the sale of ScottishPower's portfolio of pumped storage, hydro and gas-fired power generation assets to Drax Group plc for £702 million
- Iberdrola on the €115 million sale of a portfolio of liquefied natural gas (LNG) assets to Temasek-owned Pavilion Energy
- Shell on its USD$3.8 billion disposal of a package of UK North Sea assets to Chrysaor Holdings
- Shell on its USD$900 million disposal of Thai upstream assets to Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company (KUFPEC)
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Birmingham (LLB Law) 2001
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2004
- Joined Clifford Chance 2012
- Partner since 2015
Awards and citations
- "Graham Phillips is very user friendly - he is a real problem-solver and has an excellent knowledge of the sector. He is extremely well liked and respected by executive teams and performs to a consistently high standard."
Legal 500 UK 2019
- Listed as a rising M&A star by Legal Week in 2015