Emma Folds specialises in domestic and cross border lending.
Emma is experienced in structuring, negotiating and documenting leveraged buy-outs and other acquisition finance transactions, infrastructure financings and investment grade loans. Emma has also advised on several high profile restructurings.
- The lenders in relation to Carillion plc
- The second lien lenders in relation to the restructuring of the HC Starck group
- The CoCom in relation to the restructuring of the Pelican Rouge group
- The lenders in relation to the restructuring of Celsa UK
- Two syndicates of lenders and four bilateral lenders in relation to the recapitalisation of Outokumpu Oyj
- The lenders to Orient Hontai Capital in respect of its €720 million senior and second lien facilities for the acquisition of the Imagina Group
- On the super senior revolving credit facility sitting alongside eDreams ODIGEO's high yield bond issue
- On the financing for Cinven and CPPIB’s acquisition of Hotelbeds Group
- On the pari passu bank bond financing for the Antolin Group
- On the pari passu bank bond financing for Gestamp Automoción, S.A.
- CK Infrastructure Holdings Limited on its EUR 5.4 billion bid for the ista group including a EUR 1.99 billion bank financing
- A Chinese bidder on the financing for its bid for the UK M6 toll road
- On the financing for OTPP and Macquarie’s bid for Koole Tank Terminals
- On the financing for CKI's bids for the Fortum Finland and Fortum Sweden assets
- On a GBP£1.5 billion revolving credit facility for J Sainsbury plc
- On the USD$800 million revolving credit facility for Weir Group PLC
- On the USD$1 billion refinancing for Bacardi Limited
- The bank in relation to a £1 billion financing for Compass Group plc
- The banks on the financings for RPC Group plc's public takeover of BPI and private acquisition of three companies in the Letica group
- On a £3.60 billion revolving credit facility for British Telecommunications plc's acquisition of EE Limited
- On the US$2.5 billion refinancing for the WPP Group
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford (MA - Modern History) 1994
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1998
- Trainee Solicitor and Qualified Solicitor at Wilde Sapte, subsequently Denton Wilde Sapte - 1996 to 2000
- Joined Clifford Chance 2000
- Partner since 2006
Awards and citations
- Emma "engenders total confidence, and has a comprehensive understanding of what is important versus what is not important"
- Emma is "one of the smartest, most diligent and meticulous lawyers I have ever come across", "she is incredibly knowledgeable and is a lawyer you can trust and completely rely on"
- Emma Folds is a "diligent, commercially astute" practitioner with a "strong work ethic."
Chambers UK 2017
- Emma Folds impresses clients and peers alike with her capable handling of corporate lendings, acquisition financings and restructurings.
Chambers UK 2016