Dorian Drew is a solicitor-advocate and former barrister, specialising in investigations and regulatory enforcement action, as well as financial services litigation.
Dorian has represented clients during investigations and disciplinary action brought by domestic and international regulators, including the FSA, SFO, various exchanges, SEC and US DOJ. Dorian has spent nine months on secondment in the Enforcement Division of the FSA.
- Acting for several insurance businesses within an international banking group in relation to an FSA investigation and enforcement action concerning information security systems and controls issues
- Acting for the former CEO of a UK-based international bank in relation to various investigations, regulatory issues and class actions arising as a result of the credit crisis
- Preparing an extensive “Section 166” skilled persons report into whether policyholders within a unit-linked life insurance fund were treated fairly following the closure of the fund
- Defending an investment bank against a USD$100 million fraud claim arising out of a private placement
- Senior Manager Delegation – some wise words from a US President
13 June 2019
- Dorian is one of the co-authors of the Financial Services Decisions Digest (Lexis Nexis, 2007)
UK election law: How are businesses restricted during the 2019 general election campaign?
4 November 2019
Extension of the Senior Managers and Certification Regimes: Private Fund Managers
22 March 2019
This week at the UK regulators - 17 December 2018
17 December 2018
Cryptoasset enforcement – Where are we at the end of 2018? What to expect in 2019?
13 December 2018
This week at the UK regulators - 10 December 2018
10 December 2018
Career and qualifications
- Queen Mary, University of London (LLB) 1994
- Bar Vocational Course, Inns of Court School of Law 1995
- Pupillage, 2 Gray’s Inn Square (First Six), Francis Taylor Building (Second Six) 1996
- Tenant, Francis Taylor Building, Chambers of Alan Tyrrell QC 1997
- Non-practising barrister and Assistant, Lovells 1998
- Associate, Norton Rose 2000 – became a Partner 2008
- Secondment, Enforcement Division, Financial Services Authority 2002
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2013
- Main board director-elect of the National Skills Academy for Financial Services