Marianne Pezant specialises in French and international mergers and acquisitions and corporate restructurings, with a particular focus and experience on private equity transactions, infrastructure deals, joint-ventures and transactions in the sports industry.
Marianne has also spent six months in our London Office.
Marianne is the co-head of the firm's Francophone West and Central Africa group.
Clifford Chance advises Primonial on €1.6 bn investment in German real estate portfolio of Medical Properties Trust
3 July 2018
Clifford Chance conseille Albelli sur l'acquisition de monAlbumPhoto
3 July 2018
Clifford Chance advises Albelli on the acquisition of monAlbumPhoto
3 July 2018
Clifford Chance conseille Vacalians sur l'acquisition d'AMAC
26 June 2018
Clifford Chance advises Primonial on a 50% equity investment in a healthcare real estate portfolio owned by Medical Properties Trust in Germany
18 June 2018
The privatization of large regional airports in France: key issues and opportunities
1 July 2015
Doing business in the Democratic Republic of Congo
11 June 2013
Career and qualifications
- University Paris II-Assas (Masters in business law with merit) 2000
- University Paris II-Assas (DJCE) 2001
- Joined Clifford Chance 2002
- Admitted as an Avocat in Paris 2003
- Counsel since 2011
- Partner since 2016
Awards and citations
- "Active in the large- and mid-cap segments of the market, Clifford Chance acts for private equity houses, banks and specialised infrastructure funds. With considerable sector expertise and strong cross-border capabilities, the team, which is led by practice heads Fabrice Cohen and Marianne Pezant, has handled several recent high-profile instructions. Highlights included advising PAI Partners on the acquisition of Asmodee group from Eurazeo, valued at €1.2bn, and assisting Permira with the acquisition of Exclusive Networks from Cobepa, Edmond de Rothschild, Sogecap and the management. Laurent Schoenstein led the advice to Cube Infrastructure Managers on the disposal of Idex Group and Taranis. Gilles Lebreton is also noted. Clients also include Apax Partners, Cinven and BlackRock."
Legal 500 EMEA, France, Private Equity: LBO, 2019
- 'The team of 'great professionals' at Clifford Chance 'combines deep experience, the ability to deliver fast under pressure, a pragmatic approach and the ability to find creative solutions'. Recent highlights include multiple cross-border cases, among them advising Engie on the $2.04bn sale of its liquefied natural gas business to Total, a matter led by the 'client-oriented and business-minded' Mathieu Rémy. Fabrice Cohen, who is 'very pragmatic, with a risk-oriented mindset', advised Europcar on its €1bn acquisition of Goldcar from Investindustrial. Domestically, Marianne Pezant assisted Carrefour with the creation of a common vehicle with Fnac Darty, creating a purchasing partnership for domestic appliances and consumer electronics in France. Other noteworthy practitioners include Gilles Lebreton, Laurent Schoenstein and counsel Olivier Jouffroy, 'a very good professional who is able to manage pressure very well'. Julien Brun made counsel. Vacalians, Airbus, Axel Springer and Plastic Omnium all count among the team's clients."
Legal 500 EMEA, France, Mergers and Acquisitions, 2019
- "Clifford Chance’s team provides ‘excellent advice that is adapted to each individual situation’, and stands out for its partners’ ‘strong involvement in the cases’ and ‘ability to deliver important work in a short time’. The group handles domestic and cross-border transactions, with expertise spanning public and private M&A as well as joint ventures and corporate reorganisations. Fabrice Cohen, the ‘very experienced’ Mathieu Remy, who ‘combines technical expertise and editorial excellence with strong interpersonal skills, which is a major advantage in difficult negotiations’, the ‘intelligent and subtle’ Marianne Pezant, Gilles Lebreton, Thierry Schoen and Laurent Schoenstein are key names and are supported by recently promoted counsel Alexandre Merle. The group advised Europcar on the €1bn acquisition of Goldcar and acted for the Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations and CDC Infrastructure on the sale of a 15% stake in Holding d’Infrastructures de Transports. The team also assisted Cerberus Capital Management with the disposal of MCS Group to BC Partners. Other clients include Airbus Group, EDF and L’Oréal."
Legal 500 EMEA, France, Mergers and Acquisitions, 2018
- "Clifford Chance acts for private equity funds, banks and infrastructure funds on mid-cap to large-cap transactions, with expertise in numerous sectors including healthcare, telecoms, infrastructure and financial services. The team is a key name for complex cross-border transactions, but also handles domestic matters. Fabrice Cohen, Marianne Pezant, Gilles Lebreton and Laurent Schoenstein are the key names. In one example of the department’s cross-border strength and experience in auction processes, the team advised KKR Infrastructure on its agreement to purchase Q-Park NV from a group of institutional investors in a cross-office matter involving the firm’s Amsterdam, London and Luxembourg offices. Other highlights include advising Temasek Holdings on its minority stake investment in Axéréal Malt Holdings, in a matter that involved high-stakes joint venture negotiations to secure the liquidity and sustainability of the investment, and assisting private equity investment firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice with its purchase of France’s largest furniture retailer But, an acquisition in consortium with WM Holding, an investment vehicle of an Austrian furniture retailer. Other major instructions came from Carlyle and Triton. Blackstone, Apax Partners and Ardian Private Debt are other clients."
Legal 500 EMEA, France, Private Equity: LBO, 2018
- "Clifford Chance advises leading private equity houses, such as Apax Partners, Carlyle and KKR on large LBOs. Highlights included assisting PAI Partners with the €800m acquisition of B&B Hotels, advising CD&R on the buyout of BUT and assisting Cinven with the sale of Prezioso. Fabrice Cohen, Gilles Lebreton and Laurent Schoenstein are the key names in the practice. Marianne Pezant is now a partner."
Legal 500 EMEA, France, LBO, 2017
- "Clifford Chance advises many leading French and multinational corporations. The practice fields over 40 lawyers and is regularly involved in large transactions, especially in the energy, financial services and defence sectors. It recently assisted EDF Energies Nouvelles with the acquisition of Dong’s 30% stake in Eolien Maritimes France and the subsequent sale of 50% of the acquired share capital to Enbridge. It also advised Mondelēz on the sale of its French confectionery business. Airbus, Carrefour and L’Oréal are also clients. Fabrice Cohen, the ‘serious and technical’ Gilles Lebreton, Mathieu Remy, Thierry Schoen and Laurent Schoenstein are the key names in the practice. Marianne Pezant was promoted partner."
Legal 500 EMEA, France, Mergers and Acquisitions, 2017