Delphine Caramalli is specialised in financial restructuring, insolvency proceedings and mergers and acquisitions related to reorganisation and reversal operations. She works alongside domestic and international investors, private equity funds, hedge funds and other lenders. She also advises shareholders or buyers in their restructuring or external growth operations.
Career and qualifications
Aix University, (MA, Criminal Law) 1996
- Panthéon-Sorbonne University, Paris (Ph.D, Corporate Law) 2000
- Admitted as an avocat in Paris 2001
- Fried Frank, Paris, 2001
- Fried Frank, London, 2002
- Fried Frank, New York 2003
- Weil Gotshal & Manges 2005
- Fried Frank, Paris 2006
- STC Partners, Head Restructuring 2008
- Bremond & Associés, Partner 2012
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2019
Delphine is a member of the Paris bar association since 2001. She is also a member of ARE (leading French thinktank in the field of restructuring) as well as founding member and general secretary of WIR (Women in Restructuring). She speaks French, English and Spanish.
Awards and citations
- Delphine Caramalli climbs up the rankings following excellent market recognition. Her practice focuses on debt restructuring and distressed M&A transactions. One impressed client emphasises her "absolute technicality, thoroughness and breath-taking intelligence," before adding: "Her business acumen and negotiating skills are unparalleled. Her analyses are extraordinarily relevant and formidably subtle."
Chambers Europe 2021, Restructuring/Insolvency - France