David Tayar has extensive experience in handling first and second stage complex merger control investigations before both European and French antitrust agencies and in coordinating multijurisdictional filings. He regularly advises clients in restrictive arrangements and monopolization cases before European and French competition authorities and courts.
David is a Member of the Board of the Association des Avocats Pratiquant le Droit de la Concurrence.
- Prior to joining Clifford Chance, David advised clients on a wide range of matters, including merger control, horizontal and vertical agreements, abuse of dominance cases, state aid issues and antitrust litigation matters
Clifford Chance advises Plastic Omnium on the sale of its Environment business
19 December 2018
Décision de l'Autorité du 5 décembre 2018 dans le secteur du gros électroménager
10 December 2018
Clifford Chance advises Carrefour on its strategic cooperation with Google
2 August 2018
Clifford Chance a conseillé le fonds EQT Infrastructure III dans le cadre de son projet d'acquisition du groupe SAUR
25 July 2018
Clifford Chance advises PAI Partners on the contemplated acquisition of Asmodee group from Eurazeo
24 July 2018
- Concentrations – Chroniques, Concurrences N°2, 04 June 2018
A global shift: opportunities in a changing landscape
19 February 2019
France extends its foreign investment regime and the EU moves closer to creating one
8 January 2019
EU Court of Justice clarifies the EU Merger Regulation prohibition on gun jumping?
6 June 2018
CJEU rules dominant firms' exclusivity rebates are not per se illegal
11 September 2017
Career and qualifications
- Université PARIS X (Nanterre) (Masters in Business Law and Anglo-American Law) 1995
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.M, European Community Law) 1996
- Université PARIS I (Panthéon Sorbonne) (Postgraduate in Private Law, DEA) 1997
- Admitted as an avocat in Paris 1999
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2017
Awards and citations
- "Clifford Chance managed to balance the departure of former practice head Patrick Hubert and three of his associates to Orrick Rambaud Martel with the arrival of the ‘exceptional’ David Tayar, who ‘stands well above the rest of the pack’ and joined from Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP; additionally, Katrin Schallenberg was promoted to the partnership. Along with numerous high-value merger control cases in the pharmaceutical and car rental sectors, the group is representing clients such as Teva, Ingram Micro and Volkswagen in antitrust investigations. Of counsel Michel Petite successfully obtained clearance with remedies in phase two proceedings before the European Commission on behalf of Airbus Safran Launchers with regards to its acquisition of Arianespace and Marie Pacaux is also a key contact."
Legal 500 EMEA, France, EU Competition & Distribution, 2018
- "Interviewees recognise David Tayar as a "very talented partner" who has a significant track record in merger control mandates, often handling sizeable merger control investigations and filings at domestic and European levels. He also boasts experience of advising on abuse of dominance cases and restrictive agreements"
Chambers Europe, France, Competition/European Law, 2018