Samir Azzouzi specialises in domestic and cross-border M&A, with a particular focus on private equity transactions.
Samir has advised financial investors and corporate clients on a wide range of matters, including leveraged buyouts, acquisitions and disposals, mergers, joint ventures, restructuring and refinancing.
Samir also has particular experience in the banks and energy & resources sectors.
- Cinven on the acquisition of Tinsa from Advent International
- Madrileña Red de Gas on the acquisition of liquified petroleum gas (LPG) supply points in the region of Madrid (Spain) from Repsol
- Borealis Infrastructure on the acquisition of an aggregate 24.15% stake in Compañía Logística de Hidrocarburos (CLH) from Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) and CEPSA.
- Natixis on the acquisition of 360 Corporate (now Natixis Partners España)
- eDF Invest, Gingko Tree Investment and PGGM and acquisition of Madrileña Red de Gas from Morgan Stanley and other co-investors, and the subsequent syndication of a minority stake to Lancashire County Pension Fund
- Ardian on the acquisition of a 10% stake in CLH from Repsol
- Citi on the sale of a portfolio of mortgage loans and REOs to Evo Banco
- FCC on the sale of CEMUSA to JCDecaux
- GIP on the acquisition of a 15% stake in CLH
- Mercapital on the acquisition of Betapack
- Teliasonera on the acquisition of Wimax business in Kazakhstan
- Actis on the acquisition of the electricity distribution companies in Guatemala DEOCSA and DEORSA, now Energuate, from Gas Natural Fenosa
- Advent International on the acquisition of a 49% stake in Maxam
- British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (bcIMC) on the acquisition of a 5% stake in CLH from GALP
- Palamon and Gsquare on the acquisition of SAR group
- Macquarie on the acquisition of Itevelesa
- Banca Internacional Banca Mora (BIBM) on the process of integrating BIBM and Andorra Banc Agricol Reig
- N+1 on the acquisition of Alcad
- Clifford Chance advises Shell on US$4.4 billion acquisition of part of Repsol´s LNG portfolio
27 February 2013
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Universidad Pontificia Comillas – ICADE, Madrid (Law Degree) 2003
- Universidad Pontificia Comillas – ICADE, Madrid (Business & Administration Degree) 2004
- Uría Menéndez, Lawyer 2003
- Joined Clifford Chance Madrid 2005
- Seconded to Clifford Chance London in 2012
- Partner since 2017
- Member of the Madrid Bar Association
Awards and citations
- Ranked as "Associate to watch"
Chambers Europe - Private Equity
- Samir Azzouzi impresses clients, who describe him as "a very good lawyer, very hard-working and commercial".
Chambers Europe Guide 2016 - Private Equity Spain
- Samir Azzouzi often plays a key role in some of the firm's most impressive international transactions. Clients say that he is "easy to get along with, practical and not one to overcomplicate matters unnecessarily".
Chambers Europe Guide 2015 - Private Equity Spain
- Samir Azzouzi continues to grow in strength and market recognition. Clients note that "he is an absolute machine when it comes to work, very commercially minded and pragmatic. He provides quick, well-analysed responses."
Chambers Europe Guide 2014 - Private Equity Spain
- Sources describe Samir Azzouzi as "a brilliant associate, one of the ones to watch." He acts on private equity, M&A and Latin American deals and recently completed a secondment at the firm's London office.
Chambers Europe Guide 2013 - Private Equity Spain
- Clients are impressed by senior associate Samir Azzouzi noting that "even under extreme pressure he is calm and stays in control".
Chambers Europe Guide 2012 - Private Equity Spain
- Associates Samir Azzouzi and Rodrigo Uría are "praised by clients for their dedication, great attitude and outstanding team work".
Chambers Europe Guide 2011 - Restructuring & Insolvency Spain