Emil Holub is the head of Prague's real estate practice and is widely recognised as one of the top real estate lawyers in the Czech Republic and in the CEE. His extensive experience in all aspects of real estate law includes specialisation in real estate M&A, investments into real estate in general and development projects in both the Czech Republic and the CEE region as a whole.
Emil's involvement in the majority of the large-scale transactions, that have taken place over the last two decades in the Czech Republic and the region, has gained him comprehensive and significant market-recognised expertise.
- CBRE Global Investors on the sale of Wars Sawa Junior Shopping Centre in Warsaw.
- a fund managed by CBRE Global Investors on sale of EUR 600 million portfolio of shopping centres in CEE to CPI and on other property divestments of the funds managed by CBRE Global Investors in the CEE region.
- Goldman Sachs on Czech aspects of refinancing of RESIDOMO, s.r.o. by way of bonds, the largest privately owned rental residential portfolio in the Czech Republic.
- CBRE Global Investors as the transaction manager for a German fund managed by Union Investment on the acquisition of Letňany, a major shopping centre in Prague.
- Cromwell Property Group, a real estate investor and manager, on its on its strategic partnership with Linkcity, a member of Bouygues Construction, a global construction company, to invest in the rollout of a portfolio of logistics and light industrial assets in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Union Investment Real Estate on the acquisition and refinancing of the Palladium Shopping and Office Centre in Prague's central business district. This is the most significant real estate acquisition ever in the Czech Republic and the largest single-asset deal recorded in Central Europe.
- Atrium European Real Estate on several divestments of its Czech property portfolio to various investors.
- Unibail-Rodamco on the acquisition of 50% stake in Metropole Zličín, a major shopping centre in Prague.
- CPI Property Group on the acquisition of Futurum Hradec Králové shopping centre.
- Europa Real Estate on the sale of its 100% shareholding interest in Hadovka Office Park in Prague and on other acquisitions and disposals of its investments in the Czech Republic.
- CA Immobilien AG on the acquisition of office projects in Prague (Visionary) and Bucharest (Campus) from Skanska.
- Aberdeen Asset Management Deutschland AG on the sale of mixed-use building Palác Anděl in Prague.
- EPG Global Property Invest spol. s r.o. on acquisition of the shopping centre Central Most.
- Allianz Real Estate on the acquisition of shopping centre central in Bratislava, Slovakia.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Suffolk University, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A., 1992
- Regensburg University, Germany, 1993
- Masaryk University, Brno Master degree in Law (Mgr.) 1994
- TMC Asser Institute, The Hague, Netherlands, Post-graduate studies in International Trade Law 1995
- Joined Clifford Chance 1995
- Admitted as an advokat in Czech Republic 1997
- Partner since 2005
- Member of the Board of Directors of Association for Real Estate Market in the Czech Republic (ARTN)
- Member of the Supervisory Board at the Václav Havel Presidential Library, a non-profit organisation
Awards and citations
- One interviewee enthuses that Emil Holub is "extremely smart and empathetic," while another praises his "great negotiation skills." He is a respected figure throughout the market for his remarkable track record of advising on the largest and most complex deals in the market. He acted for Independent Capital Group on its acquisition of Centro Zlín shopping centre for approximately EUR75 million.
Chambers Europe 2019
- "Emil is without doubt one of the top real estate lawyers in the Czech Republic. He is extremely knowledgeable, commercially orientated and a real deal maker." Another adds: "He is really perfect, he is always to-the-point and really fast."
Chambers & Partners 2018
- "Clifford Chance’s ‘very talented, business-orientated’ team provides ‘accurate and prompt responses’ on notable real estate transactions.”
The Legal 500 2018: Real Estate and Construction, Czech Republic
- Department head and outstanding real estate practitioner Emil Holub... enjoys a strong reputation amongst major developers and investors, with clients characterising him as "a very hands-on partner" who is "dedicated, available 24/7, commercial and able to see the whole scope" of a deal.
Chambers & Partners 2016