Terry Yang specialises in derivatives, structured products and financial regulatory matters.
Terry has worked on a number of significant structured finance projects in Greater China, including China Connect, Bond Connect and the establishment of OTC Clear. He regularly advises both buy-side and sell-side clients on structured note investments, margin financing transactions and cross-border acquisitions involving OTC derivatives.
Terry speaks regularly at industry conferences on financial regulatory developments affecting China and Hong Kong.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University College London (LL.B) 2003
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2007
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong 2013
- Partner since 2017
- Director, Asia-Pacific Structured Finance Association
Awards and citations
- Promoted to partner in 2017, Terry Yang is an up-and-coming figure in the Chinese derivatives space, with a client saying: "Terry Yang is very good technically, and commercially aware." He is often involved in advising buy-side clients on entry into derivatives documentation.
Chambers 2018: Derivatives & Structured Products
- Up and Coming, Capital Markets
Derivatives & Structured Products (International Firms) China – Chambers Asia Pacific 2018
Structured Finance and Securitisation Hong Kong – Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018
- "Terry Yang is very good technically, and commercially aware."
Capital Markets: Derivatives & Structured Products (International Firms) China – Chambers Asia Pacific 2018
- Associates to Watch
Capital Markets China – Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017