Jonathan Wong represents financial institutions, large corporations and private equity firms in significant investigations and regulatory enforcement action, as well as litigation and arbitration cases, with a focus on cross-border and Greater China matters.
Jonathan has experience across a wide range of sectors, notably including banking and electronic payments, funds and investment management, insurance, TMT and healthcare.
Jonathan also regularly contributes to textbooks and legal commentary, including Lissack and Horlick on Bribery and Corporate Internal Investigations – An International Guide.
- Acting for Hong Kong listed companies and their directors in regulatory investigations and enforcement matters.
- Advising various international banks and Chinese financial institutions on regulatory investigations into their role and conduct as sponsors in Hong Kong IPOs.
- Representing a multinational conglomerate on a strategically significant, high-value SIAC arbitration.
- Representing a Chinese conglomerate in HKIAC emergency arbitration involving alleged breach of a US$1bn-plus investment agreement; advising on related Hong Kong regulatory matters.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LLB) 2005
- National University of Singapore (Graduate Diploma in Singapore Law) 2006
- Admitted as an advocate and solicitor in Singapore 2007
- City University of Hong Kong (PCLL) 2008
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Hong Kong 2008
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong 2010
- Joined Clifford Chance 2021