Anthony Wang specialises in syndicated and acquisition financing, project financing and commercial projects work.
Anthony has extensive experience in advising arrangers and lenders in relation to acquisition financing and syndicated loans in Asia.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Trinity College, Cambridge (BA) 1992
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1995
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong 1997
- Joined Clifford Chance 1997
- Partner since 2002
Awards and citations
- Hall of Fame
Legal 500 – Hong Kong Banking and Finance - 2024
- Market Leader
IFLR1000 – Hong Kong Banking – 2023
- Band 1
Chambers Global & Greater China Region - Banking & Finance: Hong Kong-based (International Firms) – China – 2023
Chambers Global & Greater China Region - Banking & Finance: Leveraged & Acquisition Finance (International Firms) – China – 2023
- "Anthony is absolutely one of the market leaders in the leveraged and acquisition finance space for Greater China and probably for Asia-Pacific. His depth of knowledge on the technical side is just second to none. He has an amazing ability to explain PRC issues and concepts in a way that makes a lot of sense to people with a non-PRC background."
Banking & Finance (International Firms) China – Chambers Global & Greater China Region 2023
- "He is extremely intelligent, hard-working and very hands-on in transactions. He is very practical and commercial, and will always find solutions to mitigate the risk."
Banking & Finance (International Firms) China – Chambers Asia Pacific 2018
- "An extremely clever, experienced and careful lawyer, who provides perfectly watertight finance documents."
Banking and Finance: Foreign Firms China – Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018
- "He's an encyclopaedia of law - the best lawyer I've ever worked with."
Banking & Finance (International Firms) China – Chambers Asia Pacific 2017
- ‘the number-one bank guy’ and ‘a good operator’.
Banking and Finance: Foreign Firms China – Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017