Xavier Remy is a corporate partner who handles company, commercial and regulatory matters, often in an M&A or joint venture context.
Xavier has specific regulatory expertise in the areas of energy and healthcare, and also advises on employment law.
- Advised a consortium on the acquisition of Euroports, a major port terminal operator.
- Advised the successful bidder on the acquisition of Macquarie's stake in Brussels Airport
- Advised Eneco on its acquisition of Eni Gas & Power, which made Eneco the third-largest energy supplier in Belgium after Engie and EDF Luminus.
- Advised Elia on the Modular Offshore Grid (MOG) project, specifically the regulatory and procurement aspects, structuring and negotiation of all project contracts.
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, Brussels
- Email me
- Save my Vcard
- Speaks Dutch, French, English and Italian
- Practice area Employment - advisory, litigation & transactional, Employment, incentives & pensions, Commercial & corporate litigation, M&A corporate
- Sector Consumer goods & retail, Healthcare, life sciences & chemicals, Industrials, Energy & resources, Private equity
Career and qualifications
- University of Leuven (licentiaat rechten) 1985
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Economic Law) 1986
- Joined Clifford Chance 1988
- Admitted as an avocat in Brussels 1989
- Partner since 1997
Awards and citations
- "An excellent lawyer who is very deal/solution oriented. He has excellent industry knowledge, outstanding soft skills, gives clear and specific advice and is also down to earth."
IFLR 1000 2018, M&A
- Clients state that he is "always looking for creative solutions with the client," while another interviewee values his "influence in contact with important stakeholders."
Chambers Europe 2016, Energy
- "Xavier is an excellent lawyer who has a very good understanding of our business and our operating environment. He has an excellent knowledge of the industry and the various key players and stakeholders involved. He also offers a very good sense of commercial advice and sound strategic advice. Xavier goes beyond the normal work of a lawyer as he truly understands your business and the issues you are facing. He always tries to provide extra value and a true service to the client, going the extra mile."
IFLR 1000 2016, M&A