Richard Blewett is a member of the Antitrust Group of Clifford Chance and heads the Group’s practice in Greater China. He has more than ten years' experience working across a wide range of international mergers and related antitrust matters. Richard's main focus has been on merger control, where he has advised on UK, EU and Chinese filings.
Richard has worked with clients across a number of sectors including the TMT, energy, commodities, retail, financial services, and transport sectors.
News and client work
Global M&A Toolkit
Career and qualifications
- University of St Andrews (MA) 1989
- University of Edinburgh (LLB) 1995
- University of Maastricht (LLM) 1996
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2000
- Joined Clifford Chance 1998
- Partner since 2014
- Member of the Law Society of England and Wales
Awards and citations
- Named as a Leading Individual for Competition/ Antitrust in China
- Also named a Highly Regarded Individual for Competition in China
IFLR 1000 2018
- Head of department Richard Blewett is described by clients as "solution-oriented and very responsive," one source elaborating that: "He impressed me with his professionalism and in-depth knowledge in the subject matters"
Chambers Asia Pacific 2018