Richard Blewett is a Partner in Clifford Chance's Antitrust Practice in Brussels. He recently relocated from Asia where he was head of the China Antitrust Practice.
Richard has a wide range of experience on international merger and antitrust work and has key clients across a number of sectors including TMT, energy, commodities, retail, financial services, and transport.
His experience and knowledge spans across Asia and the EU from his time spent in Beijing, Hong Kong, London and Brussels.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of St Andrews (MA) 1989
- University of Edinburgh (LLB) 1995
- University of Maastricht (LLM) 1996
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2000
- Joined Clifford Chance 1998
- Partner since 2014
- Member of the Law Society of England and Wales
Awards and citations
- Named as a Leading Individual for Competition/ Antitrust in China
- Also named a Highly Regarded Individual for Competition in China
IFLR 1000 2018
- Head of department Richard Blewett is described by clients as "solution-oriented and very responsive," one source elaborating that: "He impressed me with his professionalism and in-depth knowledge in the subject matters"
Chambers Asia Pacific 2018