Clifford Chance, Abu Dhabi
Practice area Banking & finance
Sector Banks, Energy & resources, Mining & metals, Oil & gas, Power & energy networks, Transport & logistics, Transportation infrastructure
Tel +97126132370 +966114819775
Mohamed Hamra-Krouha specialises in banking and projects splitting his time between Abu Dhabi and on secondment, to Abuhimed Alsheikh Alhagbani Law Firm (AS&H) in Riyadh.
Mohamed advises sponsors, financiers and governments on projects and project financings. Projects he has advised on include power and water (IWPPs), petrochemicals and infrastructure projects in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and other parts of the Middle East and North Africa. He is also responsible for Clifford Chance's practice in Egypt and Libya.
- Advised Mediterranean & Gulf General Insurance Company BSC on International Finance Corporation's US$125 million equity investment.
- Advising a bidding consortium on the Mirfa IWPP tendered by the Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority in the Western Region of Abu Dhabi.
- Advised International Petroleum Investment Company (as shareholder and sponsor in the Project) and the project company on the development of a US$4 billion refinery in Fujairah; the first project financing of a petrochemicals project in the UAE. This is the first project financing of a downstream oil and gas project in the UAE.
- Advised the financiers on the financing of an integrated acrylates petrochemicals complex located at the Jubail Industrial City in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and related infrastructure.
Middle East Petrochemical Deal of the Year -
Project Finance Deals of the Year
Clifford Chance advises Sponsors on 250MW Gulf of Suez Wind Project in Egypt
1 November 2017
Clifford Chance advises EBRD on key Egypt solar projects
31 October 2017
Clifford Chance advises financiers on key Egypt solar projects
30 October 2017
- Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po Diploma) 1993
- University of Paris I Pantheon Sorbonne (Master in Business Law) 1995
- University of Paris II Pantheon Assas (Advanced Degree in International Private Law) 1997
- University of Paris II Pantheon Assas (Advanced Degree in Arbitration and Dispute Resolution) 1998
- Northwestern University School of Law – (LLM With Honours) 2000
- Admitted as an Avocat in Paris 2001
- Joined Clifford Chance 2001
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2006
- Partner since 2008
- Split secondment to Abuhimed Alsheikh Alhagbani Law Firm (AS&H) 2016
- Speaks Arabic, French and Spanish
- Clifford Chance has a lender-oriented practice, in which Mohamed Hamra-Krouha advised the banks on an E£1.8bn financing of Al Sharkeya Sugar Manufacturing’s factory in Egypt. Construction expert Sandy Hall, who is experienced in representing sponsors, acted as project counsel to Abu Dhabi National Chemicals Company regarding a $5bn petrochemicals complex in Abu Dhabi. Finance specialists Robin Abraham and Peter Avery are both recommended
Legal 500, 2016: Energy & Infrastructure – UAE
- Mohamed Hamra-Krouha led a “multi-jurisdictional team advising” on one of the firms “new money deals for a group of 30 global and regional lenders on a $10 billion revolving credit facility for Saudi Aramco”
IFLR 1000, 2015: Banking & Finance
- Clifford Chance is recommended for its ‘response times and industry knowledge’. Robin Abraham heads the team, which includes Abu Dhabi based Mohamed Hamra-Krouha and newly promoted partner and asset finance specialist Antony Single.
Legal 500, 2015: Banking & Finance – UAE
- Clifford Chance is the ‘go-to’ firm for a large number of major local and international financial institutions and sponsors. Recent highlights include advising the lenders and export credit agencies on a $2.9bn financing provided to Orpic for the purposes of developing additional refinery units to its existing Sohar refinery. Richard Parris heads the Middle East energy and resources practice and splits his time between Doha and Dubai. Robin Abraham, Debbie Walker, Mohamed Hamra-Krouha and Peter Avery are also recommended.
Legal 500, 2015: Energy & Infrastructure – UAE
Saudi Arabia’s new Commercial Pledge Law
29 May 2018
Changes in the practice of taking real estate security
10 May 2018
Egypt solar Feed-in Tariff Round 2
25 February 2018
New Mortgage Law in UAE – briefing on key issues
27 February 2017
Charities and fund-raising in Dubai - new regulations
16 July 2015
Introduction to Islamic project finance
29 April 2013