Mohamed Hamra-Krouha specialises in banking and projects splitting his time between Abu Dhabi and on secondment, to Abuhimed Alsheikh Alhagbani Law Firm (AS&H) in Riyadh.
Mohamed advises sponsors, financiers and governments on projects and project financings. Projects he has advised on include power and water (IWPPs), petrochemicals and infrastructure projects in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and other parts of the Middle East and North Africa. He is also responsible for Clifford Chance's practice in Egypt and Libya.
- Advised Mediterranean & Gulf General Insurance Company BSC on International Finance Corporation's US$125 million equity investment.
- Advised the financiers on the financing of an integrated acrylates petrochemicals complex located at the Jubail Industrial City in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and related infrastructure.
Middle East Petrochemical Deal of the Year -
Project Finance Deals of the Year
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, Abu Dhabi
- +97126132370 +966114819775
- Email me
- Speaks Arabic, French and Spanish
- Practice area Global Financial Markets
- Sector Banks, Energy & resources, Transport & logistics
Career and qualifications
- Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po Diploma) 1993
- University of Paris I Pantheon Sorbonne (Master in Business Law) 1995
- University of Paris II Pantheon Assas (Advanced Degree in International Private Law) 1997
- University of Paris II Pantheon Assas (Advanced Degree in Arbitration and Dispute Resolution) 1998
- Northwestern University School of Law – (LLM With Honours) 2000
- Admitted as an Avocat in Paris 2001
- Joined Clifford Chance 2001
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2006
- Partner since 2008
- Split secondment to Abuhimed Alsheikh Alhagbani Law Firm (AS&H) 2016
Awards and citations
- Mohamed Hamra-Krouha is a well-respected practitioner, lauded for his expertise in banking and project finance. His knowledge spans the Middle East and North Africa, and clients say: "He is very client-focused and has never let me down."
Global Chambers 2019
- Clifford Chance has a lender-oriented practice, in which Mohamed Hamra-Krouha advised the banks on an E£1.8bn financing of Al Sharkeya Sugar Manufacturing’s factory in Egypt. Construction expert Sandy Hall, who is experienced in representing sponsors, acted as project counsel to Abu Dhabi National Chemicals Company regarding a $5bn petrochemicals complex in Abu Dhabi. Finance specialists Robin Abraham and Peter Avery are both recommended
Legal 500, 2016: Energy & Infrastructure – UAE
- Mohamed Hamra-Krouha led a “multi-jurisdictional team advising” on one of the firms “new money deals for a group of 30 global and regional lenders on a $10 billion revolving credit facility for Saudi Aramco”
IFLR 1000, 2015: Banking & Finance
- Clifford Chance is recommended for its ‘response times and industry knowledge’. Robin Abraham heads the team, which includes Abu Dhabi based Mohamed Hamra-Krouha and newly promoted partner and asset finance specialist Antony Single.
Legal 500, 2015: Banking & Finance – UAE
- Clifford Chance is the ‘go-to’ firm for a large number of major local and international financial institutions and sponsors. Recent highlights include advising the lenders and export credit agencies on a $2.9bn financing provided to Orpic for the purposes of developing additional refinery units to its existing Sohar refinery. Richard Parris heads the Middle East energy and resources practice and splits his time between Doha and Dubai. Robin Abraham, Debbie Walker, Mohamed Hamra-Krouha and Peter Avery are also recommended.
Legal 500, 2015: Energy & Infrastructure – UAE