Edmund Boyo specialises in structured finance transactions, in particular project finance, asset finance, corporate banking and restructurings. He acts for sponsors and lenders on all aspects of international project financings (including petrochemicals, mining and ports).
Edmund also acts for financial institutions, lessors, lessees, borrowers and arrangers in domestic and cross-border asset finance transactions (including, aircraft, rolling stock and containers). He acts for lenders and borrowers on acquisition finance and secured and unsecured lending.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Kent at Canterbury (BA (Hons) Law and German) 1994
- University of London (LLM - Banking and Finance) 1995
- Trainee at Clifford Chance London 1998
- Joined Clifford Chance Frankfurt as a lawyer 2000
- Partner since 2007
Awards and citations
- “Edmund Boyo climbs to the top band this year, garnering extensive praise from clients and market sources as a "very talented, very responsive" finance lawyer who stands out for his commercial acumen. He is highly visible in project finance undertakings, and is known for his prominent bank-side representation. He is active in both the aviation and rail financing spaces.”
Chambers Global 2017