Rebecca O'Brien advises on collateralized loan obligation transactions acting for multiple portfolio managers in both the U.S. and Europe. Rebecca has experience advising originators and arrangers on structured finance, securitization and derivatives transactions, including collateralized fund obligation transactions, residential mortgage backed securitizations, commercial mortgage backed securitizations, trade receivables financing transactions, covered bonds and total return swaps. Rebecca advises on regulatory issues including the U.S. Risk Retention Rules, the Volcker Rule and the E.U. Securitization Regulation.
Ms. O'Brien has worked for the firm since 2010 in London, Singapore and New York. She is admitted in New York and in England & Wales.
- Credit Suisse Asset Management as portfolio manager and acting as special counsel to the Co-Issuers in connection with CSAM's Madison Park Funding, One Eleven Funding and Madison Park Euro Funding CLO platforms, including warehousing, new issuances, refinancings and resets, both in the US and European markets.
- RREEF/DWS group as portfolio manager and acting as special counsel to the Co-Issuers in connection with DWS's RIN infrastructure CLO platform, including EU Securitization Regulation compliant structures.
- York CLO Managed Holdings as portfolio manager and acting as special counsel to the Co-Issuers in connection with York's CLO platform, including warehousing, new issuances, refinancings and resets.
- Symphony Asset Management, AIG, New York Life Investors and ZAIS each as portfolio manager in connection with their respective CLO platforms.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Oxford, Lady Margaret Hall (BA) 2008
- Joined Clifford Chance 2010
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales 2012
- University of Oxford (MA) 2013
- Licensed as a Legal Consultant in New York 2016
- Fordham University School of Law (LL.M.) 2017
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2017