Mariana Estévez has experience in a variety of cross-border banking & finance and capital markets transactions with a focus on Latin America.
Mariana’s banking and finance experience includes representing domestic and international financial institutions in financing transactions in project finance. She also has experience in capital markets transactions representing issuers and financial institutions acting as initial purchasers or placement agents in corporate and sovereign 144A and Reg S offerings.
- UBS on the Rule 144 and Reg S securitization of government receivables for the development of the integral rail system of Panama City Metro line 2, which involved the first ever issuance of CDNO-backed project bonds
- Citibank as remarketing agent on the two-stage restructuring of approximately US$380 million in commercial obligations of La Empresa de Hidrocarburos Petroamazonas EP into short-term Notes guaranteed by the Republic of Ecuador and their remarketing under Rule 144A and Reg S
- Citibank as initial purchaser with respect to a Rule 144A and Reg S project bond used to refinance the Ruta 27 toll road in Costa Rica. This was the first time a Costa Rican entity operating an infrastructure asset issued project finance-style bonds, and the first time also that both bonds were issued simultaneously for a Costa Rican issuer; Best Infrastructure Financing: Central America, Latin Finance Awards 2017
- Goldman Sachs in the structuring, arranging and underwriting of a US$1 billion multi-tranche, multi-currency, financing for the Conexión Pacifico 3 toll road project in Colombia. The transaction was comprised of a combination of Rule 144A and Reg S US$ bonds and COP bonds, COP and UVR commercial bank loans, a subordinated liquidity facility and currency hedges; Latin American P3 Deal of the Year 2016, Project Finance International; Project Finance Deal of the Year 2016, Latin Lawyer Magazine; Best Road Financing and Best Infrastructure Financing 2016 – Andes, Latin Finance
- Clifford Chance Wins Big at the 2017 LatinFinance Project & Infrastructure Finance Awards
10 October 2017
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Dartmouth College (AB, Asian and Middle Eastern Languages and Literatures - Chinese) 2011
- Duke University School of Law (JD/LLM, International and Comparative Law) 2015
- Joined Clifford Chance 2015
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2016