Asena May focuses her practice on asset finance transactions.
- Advised British Airways in its issuance of $608,551,000 Series 2018-1 Enhanced Equipment Trust Certificates.
- Advised Global Jet Capital in connection with the offering of $608,030,000 BJETS Series 2018-1 Secured Notes and $673,600,000 BJETS Series 2018-2 and $900 million warehouse financing.
- Advised BNP Paribas, Citibank, N.A., Commonwealth Bank of Australia and Deutsche Bank, as mandated lead arrangers and underwriting banks, on the US$575 million and US$695 million acquisition financings for Flying Leasing Limited and Incline B Aviation Limited Partnership of two portfolios of aircraft from Aviation Capital Limited and Air Asia Berhad; AirFinance Journal’s 2018 North America Deal of the Year.
- Advised Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) Ltd, as seller and servicer, on the issuance of their US$380 million asset backed securitization, backed by 18 aircraft leased to 15 lessees based in 13 countries.
- Advised GECAS in 2019 on the sale and servicing of a portfolio of aircraft to Start II Ltd., financed through a structured note and E certificate offering, backed by 20 aircraft leased to 13 lessees based in 11 countries.
- Advised GECAS in 2018 on the sale and servicing of a portfolio of aircraft to Start Ltd., financed through a structured note and E certificate offering involving a first-of-its-kind-for-aircraft structured financing, a Rule 144a E certificate issuance, backed by 24 aircraft on lease to 16 lessees located in 15 countries.
Career and qualifications
Claremont McKenna College (BA) 2009
- New York University (MS) 2012
- St. John's School of Law (JD) 2017
- Joined Clifford Chance 2017
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2018