Irena Floras-Goode has advised a large number of Polish and foreign banks, borrowers, private equity and infrastructure funds on acquisition and project finance, asset finance (including aircraft finance), and debt restructuring transactions as well as on various other banking products.
Irena has assisted foreign lessors on a number of transactions concerning the sale and lease-back of aircraft. She has also advised foreign banks and Polish corporate entities on various aspects of Polish and international banking and aviation law.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Warsaw, English and European Law conducted by Cambridge University, Centre for English and European Legal Studies 2000
- University of Warsaw (LLM) 2001
- University of Warsaw, American Law conducted by the University of Florida Frederic G. Levin College of Law, Center for American Law 2001
- Joined Clifford Chance 2001
- University of Warsaw (European Union Law) 2004
- Stetson University College of Law (LLM) 2006
- Admitted as an advocate (adwokat) in Poland 2020
- Member of the Kielce Bar Association
Awards and citations
- Irena Floras-Goode is an experienced finance lawyer with a track record of advising both banks and companies.
Chambers Europe 2021: Banking & Finance - Poland
- Irena Floras-Goode regularly represents energy companies as well as domestic banks in project financings, sometimes of a multi-jurisdictional scope. Her meticulous style is cited by interviewees, with one singling out her "great attention to detail."
Chambers Europe 2020: Banking & Finance – Poland
- Irena Floras-Goode advises both domestic and international clients, and is best recognised for her expertise in project finance. Her clientele spans the energy and infrastructure sectors. "She is very committed, diligent and listens to others and their proposals," says one impressed client, before going on to note: "She always makes sure the client is aware of risks."
Chambers Global 2019, Banking & Finance - Poland
- Irena Floras-Goode moves up the rankings due to excellent feedback and a strong market presence. Commentators praise her calm approach, efficiency and business acumen, describing her as "poised and effective in negotiations" and "very good on technical details." She is experienced in project finance and acquisition finance transactions and recently advised Bank Zachodni WBK on its PLN130 million loan to AASA Polska.
Chambers Global 2018, Banking & Finance - Poland