Tim Heerschop is an associate in the Corporate/M&A practice of Clifford Chance Amsterdam.
He specialises in mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, equity capital markets and restructurings.
Recent experience includes advising:
- CVC Capital Partners on a partnership with Royal DSM N.V., whereby CVC acquired a 65% interest in DSM's activities in Polymer Intermediates and Composite Resins.
- Gamma Holding (a holding company owned by Gilde Buy-Out Partners and Parcom Capital Management) in a controlled auction process resulting in the sale of Ammeraal Beltech, one of the global leaders in light-weight process and conveyor belting, to Advent International.
- Dutch PE-firm Egeria in a controlled auction process resulting in the sale of Mirror Controls International, a leading global manufacturer of glass and powerfold mirror actuators in the automotive market, to the strategic buyer Flextronics.
- Ferskur Holding 1 B.V. (owned by an Icelandic consortium consisting of Stodir hf, Kaupthing hf and EAB 1 ehf) as largest shareholder of Refresco Gerber N.V. with respect to its initial public offering on the stock exchange of Euronext Amsterdam.
- Hestya Energy B.V. (controlled by Riverstone and The Carlyle Group) on the public offer for H.E.S. Beheer N.V., a public holding company for providers of logistical services in ports.
- Coöperatieve Centrale Raiffeisen-Boerenleenbank B.A. and ING Bank N.V. as Joint Global Coordinators in connection with a EUR 500 million rights issue by Royal Imtech N.V.
- NSI N.V. on its equity capital raising of EUR 300 million in new ordinary share capital.
- Northland Power, Siemens, Van Oord and HVC as sponsors of Project Gemini, the development and construction of a 600MW offshore wind farm north of Schiermonnikoog, the largest offshore wind project in The Netherlands.
- The Carlyle Group on its acquisition of Varo Energy, a major midstream energy company serving clients across North West Europe, through a joint venture with Vitol.
- Egeria on the acquisition of Izico, the frozen snack business which is active in Belgium and The Netherlands, from Royal Wessanen N.V.
- Staples, Inc on the sale of its printing systems division.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Radboud University Nijmegen (MSc – Business Administration) 2010
- Radboud University Nijmegen (LLM) 2011
- Joined Clifford Chance 2011
- Admitted as an advocaat in Netherlands 2011