Siert Klinkhamer specialises in corporate and commercial dispute resolution, with a focus on disputes in the financial sector. He also has experience in insolvency related litigation and director's liability cases. As a litigator he represents banking clients, financial investors and multinational corporations in complex disputes, often with a cross-border element.
- Acting for an investment bank in a dispute arising out of a very large Dutch residential mortgage backed securities programme.
- Assisting in the defence against a claim for in excess of EUR 800 million brought by a social housing association in relation to derivatives transactions it entered into with a major global bank.
- Acting for a defendant in various follow-on damage claim procedures following a decision of the European Commission on an infringement.
- Representing (former) board of directors in bankruptcy situations.
View all news and client work featuring Siert Klinkhamer
Career and qualifications
Erasmus University Rotterdam (LLB Dutch Law) 2009
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (LLM Company Law) 2013
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (LLM Financial Law) 2013
- Joined Clifford Chance 2015
- Admitted as an advocaat in Netherlands 2016