Mark Campbell specialises in acting for banks and borrowers in syndicated, leveraged and structured finance transactions as well as restructurings and has over 25 years experience working in the loan markets.
Mark is widely recognised as one of the leading banking lawyers globally. He advises the European trade association for the loan markets, the Loan Market Association, on its market standard primary and secondary loan documentation and is the editor of "Syndicated Lending – Practice and Documentation" (Euromoney Books).
He is Chair of Governors at Shapla School and a member of the Board of Trustees of Tower Hamlets Education Business Partnership.
- Advising the arranging banks on financings for ISS A/S
- Advising the structuring banks on the refinancing of Cemex’s bank debt
- Advising the arranging banks on the US$40 billion facility for Rio Tinto plc in connection with its purchase of Alcan
- Advising the Joint Coordinators on the restructuring of the indebtedness of Marconi plc
LIBOR - Loan Market Update
21 November 2019
IBOR fallbacks for derivatives – ISDA's supplemental consultation on term and spread adjustments for floating rates and its consultation on pre-cessation issues
13 June 2019
LIBOR - A brief history
19 October 2018
IBOR fallbacks for derivatives – ISDA consultation on term and spread adjustments for floating rates
17 July 2018
23 August 2017
Career and qualifications
- Oriel College, Oxford (MA Jurisprudence) 1981
- Joined Clifford Chance 1982
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1984
- Partner Clifford Chance 1991-2017
- Global Head of Finance Practice 2002-2014
Awards and citations
- Global head of finance Mark Campbell is commended as a "technically extremely able" practitioner, and as someone who "knows the loan market inside out." He advises on leveraged finance and syndicated lending issues.
Source: Chambers UK 2013 Banking & Finance: London (Band 1)