Jason is a Senior Associate specialising in commercial litigation, with particular expertise in banking and financial services, corporate and sports disputes.
Jason has a breadth of experience advising banks, financial institutions and companies in relation to complex disputes, regulatory investigations and arbitration, often involving a cross-border element. Jason has particular experience of defending group litigation, including shareholder claims involving multiple claimants.
- Advising a FTSE-listed company in respect of shareholder claims under s90 and 90A FSMA 2000.
- Advising a financial services firm in respect of group claims and regulatory investigations following the failure of a high-profile UCITS fund.
- Advising a major bank in respect of claims brought by the US Federal Deposit Insurance Company on behalf of multiple bankrupt US banks in relation to LIBOR, including allegations of misrepresentation and breaches of competition law.
- Advising an Icelandic bank in the defence of claims brought by the Tchenguiz brothers and associated insolvency proceedings in Jersey, BVI and London following the Icelandic banking crisis.
- Advising a major bank in multi-jurisdictional regulatory investigations and follow-on litigation arising out of the manipulation of benchmark rates.
- Advising a major bank in litigation in England and California, and related insolvency proceedings in BVI and Hong Kong, arising from a distressed investment in a Chinese mining company.
- Advising leading bondholders and asset managers in relation to challenges to the transfer of notes following the collapse of a leading Portuguese bank.
- Advising a major bank in respect of a dispute concerning an FX swap transaction.
- Advising a Chinese bank in connection with alleged processing of unauthorised payments from a customer's account.
- Advising a French utilities company in connection with a dispute arising from the acquisition of an English company.
- Advising an Italian pharmaceutical company in connection with issues of contractual construction arising from a distribution agreement.
- Advising a German asset manager in an English High Court dispute with a joint venture partner relating to the alleged introduction of an investor.
- Advising American Sugar Holdings in successful claims against Tate & Lyle in relation to the treatment of sugar deliveries in accounts.