Harriet Martin specialises in complex cross-border and domestic M&A, joint ventures, group restructurings and other general corporate matters.
Harriet has worked for broad range of clients with a particular focus on the consumer goods and financial services sectors. She also advises on general company law and regulatory compliance matters. During her professional career Harriet has worked in London and Hong Kong and has been seconded to a global alternative investment management firm headquartered in London.
- Mondelēz International on the US$1.350 bn sale of its developed-market gum business in United States, Canada and Europe to Perfetti Van Melle Group
- Cellnex on its disposal of sites to Wireless Infrastructure Group in satisfaction of the Final Undertakings proposed by Cellnex and CK Hutchison and accepted by the CMA in May 2022
- a FTSE 100 company on its potential partnership with a Euronext listed company in the same sector as it, including advising on the impact of the venture under the Listing Rules, MAR and the Takeover Code
- a FTSE 100 company on its ultimately unsuccessful bid for, and potential JV with, a privately owned business (both companies operated within the consumer goods sector)
- Norsk Hydro ASA on the sale of its rolled aluminium products business to KPS Capital Partners
- a FTSE 100 mining company on ongoing matters of corporate governance, including in relation to its obligations under the Listing Rules and MAR
- Tyson Foods, Inc. on its acquisition of the Thai and European operations of BRF S.A.
- easyJet on the implications of Brexit, particularly in relation to the majority EU ownership and control requirements for maintaining flying rights within Europe following Brexit
- Cambian Group plc in relation to its £370m takeover by CareTech Holdings plc
- Barclays on the sale of its wealth and investment management business in Singapore and Hong Kong to Bank of Singapore
- Mondelez International on the sale of its meals business in Australia to Bega Cheese
- Marshall Wace on its long-term strategic partnership with KKR through a combination of cash and KKR common units
- Citi on the M&A aspects of its global resolution planning
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University College, Oxford 2009
- Joined Clifford Chance 2012
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales 2014
- Senior Associate since 2019
- The Law Society of England and Wales