Deepaloke Chatterjee specialises in all aspects of EU and UK competition law.
Deepaloke advises on the application of competition law to mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other commercial arrangements, as well as alleged behavioural violations such as cartels, anticompetitive arrangements and abuse of market power, and market investigations.
Deepaloke advises major corporate enterprises and financial institutions in a diverse range of industries including pharmaceuticals, technology, financial services, and consumer goods & retail. Deepaloke publishes and speaks regularly on competition law topics, and is currently an Associate Editor of the European Health & Pharmaceutical Law Review.
- CVC Capital Partners on the merger control and foreign investment aspects of numerous deals, including notably its acquisitions of Recordati S.p.A. and Cooper Consumer Health, as well as subsequent "bolt-on" acquisitions
- Multiple ongoing EU cartel investigations in the consumer goods sector
- A tech company in relation to two EU antitrust investigations
- Provident Financial Group Plc on its successful defence of Non-Standard Finance's hostile takeover bid
- A crematoria operator on the CMA market investigation under the Enterprise Act 2002 into funeral markets