Christopher David specialises in representing both companies and individuals in white collar crime matters mainly involving allegations of fraud, bribery and corruption, insider dealing, tax evasion, cartels or money laundering. These matters predominantly involve investigations undertaken by the Serious Fraud Office (SFO), the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) or the National Crime Agency (NCA), as well as overseas agencies, such as the US Department of Justice (DOJ) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
In addition, Christopher has considerable experience in cross-border corporate and internal investigations on behalf of multi-national corporations and major financial services clients. These investigations often involve multiple jurisdictions, as well as compliance issues and risk management. Christopher also has experience working as a member of a DOJ-appointed independent Compliance Monitorship team.
Christopher is the co-author of “A Practical Guide to INTERPOL and Red Notices” published by Bloomsbury Professional and advises individuals regarding the procedure for applying for the deletion of red notices.
Christopher is a trustee and board member of Appeal, a charity dedicated to overturning miscarriages of justice.
- Regulatory Investigations and Corporate Crime (Advice to Corporates) "Next Generation Partner" “an excellent practitioner in the white-collar area, with extensive experience in internal investigations, transnational practice, and on the subject of arrest warrants and Interpol red notices."
Legal 500 UK 2021
- Chambers & Partners UK 2021 Ranked Individual - Band 4 in Financial Crime: Individuals - London (Firms) "He has an impressive ability to manage huge strategic calls without losing sight of the detail."
Legal 500 UK 2021
- Investigations – Future Leader
Who's Who Legal 2021
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- London School of Economics and Political Science (BA International History) 1999
- BPP Law School (PGDip and BVC) 2002
- Kingsley Napley LLP 2005
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2008
- WilmerHale 2012
- Joined Clifford Chance 2021
- The Fraud Lawyers Association