Ben Jasper advises on a range of commercial disputes, with a particular focus on antitrust litigation before the High Court and Competition Appeal Tribunal and antitrust investigations by the European Commission, UK Competition and Markets Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Representing Pfizer in its successful appeal before the Competition Appeal Tribunal against the UK CMA's decision that it had abused its dominant position in the supply of phenytoin and in the subsequent proceedings before the Court of Appeal.
- Representing two generics companies in their appeals before the Tribunal against the UK CMA's 'pay for delay' decision in relation paroxetine.
Antitrust damages claims
Recent experience includes:
- Defending a bank against a claim in the High Court against a number of banks arising from the alleged manipulation of USD LIBOR.
- Defending a telecommunications company in a claim brought by Phones4U alleging breaches of competition law.
- Representing a defendant company in a claim for damages arising from a decision by the European Commission.
Regulatory and antitrust investigations
- Advising a global bank in relation to the CMA's investigation into suspected anti-competitive agreements in the financial services sector.
- Representing a global bank in the European Commission investigation into precious metals.
- Advising a global bank in relation to a series of multi-jurisdictional regulatory and antitrust investigations into the manipulation of foreign exchange rates.
- Advising a global bank in relation to investigations into interest rate benchmarks, including LIBOR and EURIBOR, by the European Commission and other worldwide authorities.
- Various v News Group Newspapers (defending News Group in the phone hacking litigation).
- Advising a company in defence a claim for breach of confidence.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Wadham College, University of Oxford, (MA in Modern History) 2008
- Wadham College, University of Oxford (M.Phil in Politics) 2010
- Joined Clifford Chance 2012
- Seconded to the antitrust group in Clifford Chance's Brussels office 2013
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2014
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in Ireland 2018
- Governor, Ark Greenwich Free School since 2012
Awards and citations
- Rising Star
Legal 500: Competition Litigation 2019 & 2020