Aniko Adam specialises in all aspects of EU and UK competition law. Aniko advises companies on the merger control aspects of M&A transactions, behavioural antitrust investigations, commercial arrangements, competition law compliance, and the application of foreign investment regimes.
Prior to joining Clifford Chance in 2019, she worked for more than eight years as an antitrust associate at another international law firm in London, which included secondments to Vodafone and the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg.
- Advising Telefonica on its UK joint venture with Virgin Media
- Advising a tech company in relation to an EU antitrust investigation
- Advising a tech company in relation to the CMA market study into online platforms and digital advertising
- Advising Swiss Re on the sale of the ReAssure Group to Phoenix Group for £3.2 billion
- Advising Delivery Hero on its joint venture with Woowa in Asia
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of British Columbia (BA, Economics and International Relations) 2006
- University of Cambridge (MA, Law) 2008
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2011
- Civil Higher Rights of Audience in England and Wales 2012
- Admitted as a solicitor in the Republic of Ireland 2016