Alex Walker has experience in patents, supplementary protection certificates (SPCs), trade marks, copyright, trade secrets and media. His practice focuses on advising clients on the protection, exploitation, use and enforcement of their IP rights. He has significant experience advising clients on litigation strategy, having attended hearings before the UK Courts and CJEU. He also regularly advises clients on licensing, corporate transactions and regulatory issues.
Alex has worked with a range of clients, from start-ups to large corporations, within the healthcare, technology, entertainment, media, financial and FMCG sectors.
Alex is currently ranked as a "Rising Star" by Managing IP for 2020/2021.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Nottingham University, Nottingham (BSc.) 2010
- University of Law (GDL, LLB, LLM, LPC) 2012
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2015
- Oxford University, Oxford (Post-Graduate Diploma, Intellectual Property Law and Practice) 2017
- Joined Clifford Chance LLP 2018
Awards and citations
- Rising Star
Managing Intellectual Property's IP Stars 2021
- Key Lawyer
Legal 500 UK 2021: Life Sciences and Healthcare