Olivier Plessis has extensive experience in US securities offerings, particularly equity and debt capital markets.
Olivier advises issuers and underwriters, including financial institutions, corporations and governmental organizations on a variety of international securities offerings, including initial public offerings, secondary offerings, capital increases and rights offerings, as well as investment grade, sovereign and high-yield bond offerings.
Olivier has advised on transactions across the EMEA region including the IPOs of Adyen (IFLR Equity Deal of the Year, 2019), ALD, Network International and NLB and the US debt offerings of Vinci, the Government of Oman, Solvay and Total.
Clifford Chance a conseillé SMCP dans le cadre de la poursuite de l’optimisation de sa structure financière et de son désendettement
27 June 2019
Clifford Chance and AS&H Law Firm advise on the IPO of Arabian Centres Company – the first Rule 144A IPO in Saudi Arabia
25 June 2019
Clifford Chance Amsterdam acts as transaction counsel on a EUR 750 million post-IPO placement of Adyen shares
7 May 2019
Clifford Chance advises on the IPO of Network International – the largest London IPO this year, largest London tech IPO since 2015 and largest Middle East and Africa (MEA) IPO globally since 2014
18 April 2019
Clifford Chance advises VINCI on the issue of its inaugural US$ 1 billion bond
12 April 2019
- Clifford Chance, Paris
- Email me
- Save my Vcard
- Speaks English and French
- Practice area Banking & finance, Capital markets
- Sector Consumer goods & retail, Healthcare, life sciences & chemicals, Banks, Insurance, Telecommunications, media & technology, Transport & logistics, Energy & resources
Career and qualifications
- McGill Faculty of Law (LL.B/B.C.L) 2009
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Justice Rosalie S. Abella, Supreme Court of Canada 2009
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2010
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP, New York and Paris 2010
- Joined Clifford Chance 2015
- American Bar Association
Awards and citations
- Named as Rising Star
IFLR, Capital Markets (ECM) and Capital Markets (DCM), 2019
- "Clifford Chance is particularly active in IPOs, but also demonstrates strength in rights offerings, convertible bonds, block trades and equity derivatives. Employee shares schemes and stock option schemes are another area of focus. US securities specialist Alex Bafi and Aline Cardin, an expert in French and international securities offerings, head the practice. Jointly with regulatory specialist Frédérick Lacroix the team advised Société Générale as shareholder and ALD as issuer on ALD's €1.2bn Rule 144A IPO on the Euronext Paris, assisting with both French and US law issues. On the block trade side, recent highlights include advising Altrafin on the sale of 8.4% of Altran's share capital by way of accelerated bookbuilding. Olivier Plessis made counsel and Julien Rocherieux was promoted to partner."
Legal 500 EMEA, France, Capital Markets: Equity, 2019
- "Clifford Chance provides French, US and English law expertise, acting for French and international banks as well as for issuers, including corporates, financial institutions and public sector clients such as municipalities. Alex Bafi, Cédric Burford and Jonathan Lewis are the names to note, with counsel Auriane Bijon and newly promoted counsel Olivier Plessis providing key support. Recent highlights include advising the banks, including BNP Paribas, Société Générale and UniCredit Bank, on Sanofi's €8bn bond issuance, assisting Unibail-Rodamco with its €2bn dual tranche hybrid bond issuance and advising the government of the Sultanate of Oman on the English and US law issues regarding its potential Rule 144A offering of debt securities and simultaneous sukuk offering. Natixis instructed the group to assist with Foncière de Région's cash tender offer on existing bonds and new issue of bonds. Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, Morgan Stanley and Carrefour also count among the team's clients."
Legal 500 EMEA, France, Capital Markets: Debt, 2019
- Clifford Chance handles the full range of structured finance, including securitisation, repackaging, derivatives and alternative market financing products, and possesses French, English and US law expertise. Jonathan Lewis heads the practice jointly with newly promoted partner Julien Rocherieux; Lewis assisted the European Investment Fund with multiple matters, including the provision of guarantees to the ENABLE funding programme of the British Business Bank and the provision of guarantees to securitisations in Spain, Italy, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK in the context of the European Commission and EIB Group's SME Initiative. Other work came from Elior, XPO Logistics and Crédit Foncier. Olivier Plessis made counsel.
Legal 500 EMEA, France, Derivatives, Structured Finance and Securitisation, 2019