Olivier Plessis has extensive experience in US securities offerings, particularly equity and debt capital markets.
Olivier advises issuers, shareholders, private equity sponsors and underwriters on a variety of international securities offerings, including initial public offerings, capital increases, rights offerings and private placements, as well as investment grade, sovereign and high-yield bond offerings.
Olivier has advised on transactions across the EMEA region including the recent Rule 144A IPOs of InPost (the largest ever European Tech IPO), Adyen (IFLR Equity Deal of the Year, 2019), Network International (IFR EMEA IPO of the Year 2019), Arabian Centres Company (IFLR ME Equity Deal of the Year, 2019), ALD (one of the largest IPOs in France since 2000) and NLB and the US debt offerings of Vinci, the Government of Oman, Solvay, Total, TSKB, the Council of Europe Development Bank and Lazard.
- Citi, Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan on InPost’s €3.2 billion IPO and listing on Euronext Amsterdam, the largest ever European Tech IPO, the largest European cross-border IPO in a decade, and the largest ever CEE IPO
- Exclusive Networks and Permira on the IPO and Euronext Paris Listing of Exclusive Networks
- Adyen on its €1 billion IPO and Euronext Amsterdam listing (IFLR Equity Deal of the Year 2019)
- Citi and JP Morgan on the $1.6 billion IPO and premium London listing of Network International (IFR EMEA IPO of the Year 2019)
- Citi, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley in connection with the $1 billion IPO of Arabian Centres (IFLR Middle East Equity IPO of the Year 2019)
- ALD and Société Générale on the €1.3 billion IPO and Euronext Paris listing of ALD, one of the largest IPOs in France in recent years
- ACWA Power on its US$1.2 billion IPO and US$10.9 billion listing on the Tadawul
- NLB on its €670 million IPO and listing on the London and Ljubljana Stock Exchanges
- Citi on the IPO and premium London listing of ASA International
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles on its offering of approximately $1.1 billion NYSE-listed common shares and $2.875 billion of mandatory convertible securities
- Credit Suisse and Morgan Stanley on Solvay's $6.8 billion equity and Rule 144A debt offerings
- VINCI on its inaugural $1 billion Rule 144A Yankee bond offering
- The Government of Oman on its $19 billion Rule 144A offerings of notes
- TOTAL on more than $10 billion in US registered debt offerings
- The Council of Europe Development Bank on numerous debt offerings under its registered US shelf program
- Citi and Goldman Sachs in connection with the US registered offering of debt securities issued by Lazard Group
- SMCP on the refinancing of its existing high-yield notes and other outstanding debt
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- McGill Faculty of Law (LL.B/B.C.L) (JD equivalent) 2009
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Justice Rosalie S. Abella, Supreme Court of Canada 2009
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2010
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP, New York and Paris 2010
- Joined Clifford Chance 2015
- American Bar Association
Awards and citations
- Olivier Plessis is listed as a "Rising star"
IFLR 2021, Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets
- Olivier Plessis is ranked as a "Key Lawyer"
Legal 500 2021, Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets