Kelly Cannon specializes in all areas of the TMT sector, including data protection, cybersecurity IT agreements, e-commerce and outsourcing.
Kelly is a member of the Clifford Chance Telecommunications Media & Technology sector and Commercial Contracts group.
Kelly is a lecturer at the University of Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines on French contract law and data protection.
- Advising a large pharmaceutical company on data protection issues linked to its global process for managing vaccination claims.
- Advising a global cloud provider on the development of it commercial cloud offers and data protection issues related to the hosting and cross-border transfers of health data in light of the 'Schrems II' ruling.
- Advising an insurance company in the handling of a post-cyber crisis concerning its employees’ personal data.
- Advising a global automotive manufacturer on legal issues encountered with its IS/IT services provider in the context of the migration of its IT systems.
News and client work
- Article for the Computer Law Review International Journal
'The Proposal for an EU Digital Services Act - A closer look from a European and three national perspectives: France, UK and Germany'. Dessislava Savova / Andrei Mikes / Kelly Cannon
15 April 2021
- Clifford Chance, Paris
- +33 1 4405 5350
- Email me
- Follow me on LinkedIn
- Speaks French, English and Spanish
- Practice area M&A corporate
Career and qualifications
- King's College London (LLB in English Law) 2014
- Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne University (Master's Degree in French private law) 2014
- Paris II Panthéon-Sorbonne University (Master's Degree in Digital Law) 2019
- Joined Clifford Chance 2020
- Admitted as an avocat in Paris 2021