Laura del Campo acts in all kinds of judicial proceedings, but specialises in financial litigation and insolvency law. She also advises on financial transactions in aspects related to dispute resolution and enforcement mechanisms.
Laura's experience covers a wide range of matters in different areas of financial litigation with a particular focus on enforcement for non-performance of contractual obligations.
- Advising a Spanish bank in a case concerning the nullity of first demand guarantees issued in favour of a foreign government's road fund.
- Advising a number of international financial institutions in relation to the non-payment of a financing provided through a complex structure of assignment of receivables in the context of an energy project in Mexico.
- Advising a real estate company on the application of the doctrine of the rebus sic stantibus clause to a complex sale & lease back transaction.
- Advising various entities in legal proceedings relating to the sale of derivatives, structured bonds, multicurrency loans and other financial products.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Universidad de Oviedo (Degree in Law) 2009
- Admitted as lawyer (abogado) in Spain 2009
- Instituto de Empresa (Master in Business Law) 2010
- Joined Clifford Chance 2016
- Member of the Madrid Bar Association